Recommend some good prog rock (1 Viewer)

Prog Is A Four Letter Word: Steve Davis And Kavus Torabi Hold Court

2011-12-13-Steve-Davis-Kavus-Torabi-thequietus-28by-al-overdrive-for-thequietus_1326676599_crop_550x733.jpg

was digging this earlier. I love the vocals when they come in. Real heavy on the sax at times, in a good way. great album. one of the lads went on to join some version of Gong at some stage apparently

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was introduced to this guy yesterday. He comes under the "prog" label apparently. He also appears to be really famous. He has the amazing guitarist Guthrie Govan playing on some of music. Check out this lovely video

Soft Machine's Bundles album featuring the late, great Allan Holdsworth on guitar.

This is probably more jazz rock / fusion than typical prog.

I was introduced to this guy yesterday. He comes under the "prog" label apparently. He also appears to be really famous. He has the amazing guitarist Guthrie Govan playing on some of music. Check out this lovely video

Yes, the prog people love him. He's worked Marillion quite a lot, Fish too. He recently remixed Marillion's proggy concept album Brave (1994). He also does a few of these 5:1 Mixes that the prog audiophiles love.

Yes, the prog people love him. He's worked Marillion quite a lot, Fish too. He recently remixed Marillion's proggy concept album Brave (1994). He also does a few of these 5:1 Mixes that the prog audiophiles love.
His mix of the first King Crimson album is excellent apart from the fact that he chops about 3 minutes off of "Moonchild" for no discernible reason. Maybe it was to please @Shaney? as to make the song and the album shorter?

Relatively new to Slapp Happy and absolutely loving them. Got the comp Acnalbasac Noom last year. So many winning tunes.

Blue Eyed William, Casablanca Moon, The Drum, Charlie 'n Charlie...not to mention Blegvald's sublime and joyous Karen which would cheer up a stone.

Krause's voice is extremely distinctive. Joyous is the word for the happy slappers.

Picked up a solo Peter Blegveld there cheap the other day... Must slapp it on the laptop. He's a bleeding charmer.

Been lucky to see Chris Cutler with Yumi Hara doing the Canterbury songbook a few times... Last time with Henry Cow's Tim Hodgkinson too. Hara gives it a good fist, but it's really all about Cutler behind the kit. Cutler is a very pointy character. Told me I was "up a tree" in relation to my views on cinema these days. Will go through you for fun, but ultimately a good egg.

Never actually listened properly to Van Der Graaf or Hamill.

Anyone for Richard Pinhas or his old band Heldon? Saw him with Tatsuya Yoshida rip it apart there some time ago. Barnstorming. Heldon are getting the reissue treatment too.

any good books on prog out there? in the realm of insightful general overview

with this thread resurfacing, coincidentally came across what seem like a couple of decent books online over the weekend after reading about one of them in the liner notes of a reissue of 70s welsh folk rockers Bran's first LP. fucking pricey though.

Galactic Ramble

It's Psychedelic Baby Magazine: Tapestry of Delights Expanded Version review and interview with author, Vernon Joynson

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back