Recommend me some Jazz (1 Viewer)

Yeah, but it's unlikely they'll be selling any music.

Used to have a paltry selection of secondhand tat around 2006/07, which they eventually evacuated.

The days that Furious Styles is referring to are long, long gone. Before my time, and I remember when they were on Middle Abbey St. I did get some interesting CDs for peanuts around 2001 there.

Got some good VHS titles for 3eu a pop between 2005 and 2007 on the Parnell St premises.

But unless these new bucks are taking in LPs and CDs, and they actually know their stuff, goodnight and good luck on the secondhand music front.

I thought it was a general question about Chapters as opposed to specifically about music (I don’t think they carry music anymore, they had CDs before the closure but they were all shite and I didn’t see them the last day).

And the music section in Abbey St. was still great around 2001/2. I got some good stuff in there anyway.

I thought it was a general question about Chapters as opposed to specifically about music (I don’t think they carry music anymore, they had CDs before the closure but they were all shite and I didn’t see them the last day).

And the music section in Abbey St. was still great around 2001/2. I got some good stuff in there anyway.
It was 🙂

Apologies.

Depends what you're looking for.

They used to have that stupid barcode stuck to the inside of books though.

To be honest, The Last Book Shop [awful name] on Camden St is miles better for secondhand fiction. At least to me. As in I couldn't go in there without seeing something I'd want to buy. Whereas Chapters, I'd comb through that A to Z in their secondhand fiction, and I'd often find nothing. Also very static stock.

That said, new management and maybe even a different business strategy in place. So, I can't comment on the new operation.

But The Last Book Shop, I'd give it a whirl [but primarily if you're into fiction and art stuff]. Quite a messy store with piles of books everywhere. Plummy English bloke running the place is the icing on the cake.

Best secondhand bookstore I've knocked across in Ireland.

I’ve never been to The Last Book Shop, I must check it out. In Chapters, I mainly comb the horror section for any old ghost stories or weird fiction that I haven’t read and normally leave with 5-6 books.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just cracked the vinyl of this open [from HHV]

From the River to the Ocean by Fred Anderson and Hamid Drake.

Fred Anderson, Hamid Drake w/ Jeff Parker [guitar] and Joshua Abrams [bass].

It is delicious. First adjective that comes to mind. It's like a delectable jazz mango. Free but not to the point where Cecil Taylor is mailing you a boot to tell you you're out of the band for not being free enough.

The Cradle by The Phi-Psonics. On Matthew Halsall's Gondwana Records. Perfect Sunday morning lesson. Given it a couple of spins already today. Nice and mellow and just the right amount of 'out there' that still makes it a very easy listen for this lovely Autumn morning

Heres an obscure beauty featuring Randy Brecker and Steve Kahn among others

Plagirinspiration for Could've Been a Lady by Hot Chocolate

5 hour mix download!

Heres an obscure beauty featuring Randy Brecker and Steve Kahn among others

the walter bishop jr records on black jazz (coral keys, keeper of my soul) are also amazing.

this is kozmigroov a-list territory...
Thats my first time hearing of this! Intriguing!

Edit ..This is the first thing I've diiscovered thanks to that list!! OMG this is gonna be fun

i have about half of that list. have been trying to pick them all up for about 25 years... it was an old email list from the 90's, a spin-off from another email list called droneon

That Sketches for Spain tune, I heard this version for the first time last week on John Kelly's show. I give it (y)

couple of recent releases on Gondwana Records. Both superb

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back