Recommend me some Jazz (2 Viewers)

Re. ECM. I dug out Steve Kuhn / Sheila Jordan Band - Playground the other night. Great album. Love her voice and phrasing. Players do a great job too. Also love Keith Jarrett - The Survivors Suite on ECM.

Also picked up Joe Henderson/Alice Colrane - The Elements, and Steve Grossman - Some Shapes To Come. Both incredible. Must have for fans of 70's jazz / fusion / cosmic

Re. ECM. I dug out Steve Kuhn / Sheila Jordan Band - Playground the other night. Great album. Love her voice and phrasing. Players do a great job too. Also love Keith Jarrett - The Survivors Suite on ECM.

Also picked up Joe Henderson/Alice Colrane - The Elements, and Steve Grossman - Some Shapes To Come. Both incredible. Must have for fans of 70's jazz / fusion / cosmic
You should check out Charlie Hayden and Alice Coltranes duet For Turiya..now that is cosmic

i haven't gotten into the 2 solo piano keith jarrett albums i have. i like the sound of the quartet on survivor's suiite

I noticed yesterday that Don Cherry performed and made a recording with Terry Riley. (which is maybe only half jazz then)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i haven't gotten into the 2 solo piano keith jarrett albums i have. i like the sound of the quartet on survivor's suiite
I've never been able to get into him. Always feels too clinical, almost like if you made a computer program that machine learned ECM albums and then made one of its own.

re the 'lost' coltrane album, i get the hype but it wouldn't surprise me if there were loads more waiting to be 'discovered'. thinking of e.g. stellar regions which was recorded in '67 but only came out in '95.

i do wonder if it was really his intention to add another
earnest studio effort aimed at distilling the band’s live ethic
to his catalogue, or if the truth is somewhat more prosaic, less premeditated than that quote suggests, like johnny hartman got his dates wrong or had a personal emergency or needed to rest his voice, and coltrane's band found themselves in the studio with time and tunes to burn. given the rate at which coltrane could spew out classics in a day (e.g. stellar regions was recorded on 15th february 1967, interstellar space exactly a week later), the latter scenario could be closer to the truth.

side note: the coltrane/hartman album will apparently get you laid: Six of the Best: John Coltrane and Johnny Hartman

i like that jc / johnny hartmann album all the same
Ive always liked that album too... its not as good as Frank Sinatras A Man Alone though

I dont know why I mad that comparison..but its a good album! All lyrics by Rod McKuen!

3F4A8C36E8B6E1566401973F1E14BC918840B9EA

strawberry fair in rathmines used to be a good spot for picking up ecm records for fuck all.

i'm really in the market for some new sun ra records. anyone got any favourites they fancy recommending to me?

btw, that Steve Kuhn - Non-Fiction isn't bad, but i much prefer the one i listed above with sheila jordan

i'm really in the market for some new sun ra records. anyone got any favourites they fancy recommending to me?

Dance Of Innocent Passion is great

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Loads of stuff on that bandcamp page, dunno how legit it is

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back