Recommend me some Jazz (1 Viewer)

I'll pop this in here as well (already in recently purchased) - I got a tip on this artist, Cuong Vu - Trumpeter from Seattle - and the label Rarenoise. Worth checking out.

Cuong Vu/4-Tet: Ballet: The Music Of Michael Gibbs
yeah, he's a class act. play's in chris speed's yeah/no project whose album 'swell henry' is amazing and recommended for fans of the jimmy cake - sax/electric bass/drums/trumpet/accordion

yeah, he's a class act. play's in chris speed's yeah/no project whose album 'swell henry' is amazing and recommended for fans of the jimmy cake - sax/electric bass/drums/trumpet/accordion
Cool,thanks. I've just ordered the album he did with Pat Metheny as well; sounds like good stuff!

Been listening to Kamasi Washington's new one, Harmony of Difference a lot today, loving it.

Also picked up a cheap copy of the recent reissue of Alice Coltrane's World Galaxy, which is a fantastic listen.

My mate is a big fan of the guitar player in this guitar ad double bass duo. Went to see them for his birthday last week, thought they were good

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Been listening to Kamasi Washington's new one, Harmony of Difference a lot today, loving it.

Also picked up a cheap copy of the recent reissue of Alice Coltrane's World Galaxy, which is a fantastic listen.
I haven't bought the new Kamasi Washington but streamed it when it came out and really liked it, I think I like it more than The Epic.

Also, I need to get more into Alice Coltrane. I only have a couple of albums of hers.

This ECM windfall is like winning the lottery! SO many albums I've wanted to hear for years!

All of them in fact

I am fucking PSYCHED!

in other news I saw thi sdude last week..highly recommended!

New album out yesterday and its awesome

This ECM windfall is like winning the lottery! SO many albums I've wanted to hear for years!

All of them in fact

I am fucking PSYCHED!

in other news I saw thi sdude last week..highly recommended!

New album out yesterday and its awesome

Was he playing Ireland? Ah shite, I like him.

Recommendations so far from the ECM catalog

John Abercrombie - Gateway 1 & 2
Pat Methany - Bright Size Life
Gary Burton & Chick Corea
Dave Holland Quartet - Conference Of The Birds

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back