Now Is Go
Supporter
Solutions
This is class.

Denny Oubidoux

Hangin round town
Supporter
Solutions
I thought I might use my tower loyalty card on a nice copy of Moanin' by the jazz messengers. They had five different editions of this album so I consulted the Steve Hoffman forums for guidance and it seems the good version is very expensive and not available in the shop anyway. Then I remembered a previous occasion when I didn't buy some Miles Davis album because they had multiple different pressings and it was just too much trouble to do the research. I bought Deciphering The Message by Makaya McCraven instead.

dunderhead

Don Rendell and Ian Carr Quintet - Shades of Blue. British group. Ian Carr featured on the thread here a while ago. Picked this up over the weekend. Great album.

Nate Champion

'Veatrice' [Written by Matana Roberts]

'Colonial Mentality' [Written by Fela Kuti]

'Wonder Twins' [Written by Chad Taylor]

Picked this cd up secondhand in Spindizzy a while back - released on thrill jockey in 2004. Sticks & Stones' Shed Grace.

Trio consisting of Josh Abrams, bass [Natural Information Society], Matana Roberts, alto sax, clarinet and Chad Taylor, percussion [various incarnations of the Chicago Underground group, and guest on a heap of Chicago post-rocky stuff]

I remember I bought a ticket to see Matana Roberts, and turned up to catch the last three minutes of her set. I've been meaning to check out some of her solo stuff properly for the longest while.

Whole album is worth a listen. Phenomenal playing, and clean recording despite sounding well, live.

Users who are viewing this thread

21 Day Calendar

Big Brave (Southern Lord) + Percolator
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Lori Goldston - Droichead Arts Centre
Droichead Arts Centre
Stockwell Ln, Downtown Drogheda, Drogheda, Co. Louth, Ireland
Pixies
Iveagh Gardens
Stable Ln, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
La Luz
The Grand Social
35 Liffey St. Lower, North City, Dublin, D01 C3N0, Ireland
Arab Strap
Whelans
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland
Arab Strap
Whelan;s
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Latest Activity

Loading…

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads