Recommend me some Jazz (1 Viewer)

shidheat

Threads
i picked up this ahmad jamal album a while back and i find myself listening to it all the time. it's absolutely brilliant:

also, picked up this one from 2017. nice modern sounding jazz with elements of hip hop. i love the music but there are a couple of tracks with (imo) annoying background vocal chatter that detracts from it (why do they have to do this?; see also the yusef kamaal - black focus lp):

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Threads
Im really digging Oz Noy this week. Not many guitarists can get a decent sound out of a ring modulator

shidheat

Threads
here's a few jazz sides i picked up in the mean time, old and new...

this one from 2016 is amazing (United Vibrations - The Myth Of The Golden Ratio). i recognise yussef dayes from other great recent uk jazz records and this one holds up well. nice vocals throughout (none of the chatter either!). great rhythms and melodies. really worth checking out

this is the latest by alfa mist. not particularly far from his debut album, and in comparison i prefer the previous one. still, i'd recommend it

this one is a combination of 2 previous releases covering a live show ruby rushton did. contemporary sounding jazz that's very listenable without being easy listening

picked up these two donald byrd albums (finally!) that have been on my wantlist for years, in the space of about 2 weeks. what can i say - it's donald byrd! do your self a favour and give him a listen. so many great records to choose from. these two no exception

another record i've been looking for for years (aka "brown rice"). don cherry produced a lot of fire music - this one is not fire music, however. this record is beautiful, meditative music. aka spiritual jazz. absolutely wonderful stuff. seriously, check this one out

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Threads
This is fucking amazing. You will not find better previously unheard classic jazz fusion anywhere..DIG IT

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Threads
PSA< If ya like good music subscribe to this youtube channel

pavlos

Supporter
Threads
PSA< If ya like good music subscribe to this youtube channel

It's a good one alright, loads of gems up there!

prefuse

Threads
The Heliocentrics - The last transmission. Dark, soundtrack-esque jazz funk with spoken work by film director Melvin van peebles.

Yazz Ahmed - LA Saboteuse. 70's style jazz fusio with a modern edge.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• Christmas: The Collection (50 of the Greatest Original Xmas Hits)
    2000 Miles - 2009 Remaster
    Pretenders
    Christmas: The Collection (50 of the Greatest Original Xmas Hits)
  • I Can Walk Through
    Seacat
    The Dinah Brand
    I Can Walk Through
  • The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place
    Memorial
    Explosions In The Sky
    The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads