Recommend Irish bands active at present (1 Viewer)

Seem to be totally under the 'scene' radar this pair, and no doubt all the better for it. Album (out on Planet Mu) is gorgeous stuff.

Yeah, I really love the album. There are loads of free mp3s floating about too. But the lack of hype at home might be something to do with the fact that they're not gigging yet which could work in their favour - bands tend to be picked up once an album's out and hyped for the early gigs until someone else comes along. It'll be much slower without live shows but as they keep recording, the buzz will grow.

thats terrible. they should get someone to trawl round the internet hyping them in good time for the live debut.

Ha well there's no need really. Hot Press won't touch them but sites in America are raving about them. So expect the venerable mag to grow some balls and feature them this time next year, á la Adebisi Shank.

Yeah, I was the same for those initial seconds, but the drumming and clarinet made my ears prick up. Really excellent stuff. Very Jaga Jazzist-ish at the moment but they sound like they could do anything...they seem to be bursting with ideas. Definitely one to watch.

Yeah, I was the same for those initial seconds, but the drumming and clarinet made my ears prick up. Really excellent stuff. Very Jaga Jazzist-ish at the moment but they sound like they could do anything...they seem to be bursting with ideas. Definitely one to watch.

It's lovely.

it's better then much of the stuff on the newest battles album!

This is true. Not feeling the Battles album at all, at all.

Similarities for sure, but there's less by way of effects/samples/mangling than Battles on these tunes. Would liken them more to "Standards" & "It's All Around You" -era Tortoise with a pinch of Jaga Jazzist (who I suppose were heavily influenced by Tortoise too).

For a debut ep though, ::clef::!ninjaaaa:eek: .|..|

I have spare download codes for these presently active Irish bands albums

Rednecks - ThirtySixStrings
Rednecks - Cut your heart off from your head
Rednecks - Friends
Adebisi Shank - 2nd album

they're legit, all paid for, etc. I have the albums already so won't be using them. Post here if you want them, or one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back