Recently Purchased (2 Viewers)

Bought Mink Car by They Might Be Giants on vinyl. "the lost album" released on 9/11. Pressed on vinyl for the first time.

I hold that album in a special place. It was the first proper studio album they released with me as a fan and it was very exciting (I'd witnessed the release of a live album, Severe Tyre Damage, and "the world's first mp3 album", Long Tall Weekend). I also went to Manchester to see them on this tour.

Christmas splurges:

Eliane Radigue - Ouvres Electronique (14 x CD beautiful beast)
Been on my wishlist for ages and finally did the deed

And a yearly catch up on the catalogue of Stroom records that finally arrived today:
Benjamin Lew - Le Personnage Principal Est Un Peuple Isolé
Dark Arts - Reflection in a Rear View Mirror
Pablo's Eye - Dark Matter
Dark Arts / Minimal Compact - Split EP
White Light / jo Bogaert - Whale
Kiri Uu - Creak Whoosh
Dali Muru & The Polyphonic Swam - s/t
Sofie Birch & Johan Carew - Repair Techniques
TRii Group - Interest in Music
Muziekkamer - Op Zee

Definitely worth checking out Stroom if melancholic Benelux wavey synth is your thing. Just picture yourself on a grey day in Oostend staring out to the North Sea with a Sony Walkman in 1982 and you get the gist.

Oh- just also go this double LP delivered- reissue/comp from oddball Mexican 'Jazz' player German Bringas
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Eliane Radigue - Ouvres Electronique (14 x CD beautiful beast)
Been on my wishlist for ages and finally did the deed
Congratulations on improving your life by a factor of a million. Incredible set.

I was worried when she popped into my Twitter feed the other day, I thought she had passed away but luckily she had turned 90 instead!

Congratulations on improving your life by a factor of a million. Incredible set.

I was worried when she popped into my Twitter feed the other day, I thought she had passed away but luckily she had turned 90 instead!
Ha yes- I saw a pic of here too and immediately had to check she was still alive... Have some of the releases in the box set already but it's heavenly to have the full set.

Record Fair in Navan yesterday, not bad. A few things I considered buying. The last one I was at in Drogheda had nothing for me at all.

I bought Weezer's OK Human on record.

was recently listening to the Francois Bayle boxset I got a few years ago and decided to get the one by his Groupe de recherches musicales studio colleague Bernard Parmegiani (1927-2013)
I could have gotten it for 60-65 Euro when it was reissued in 2020 but 76 Euro (12 CDs) was still a good deal. ordered it on Thursday night (9/2) from Paris and it arrived this morning after just four working days!
never had anything arrive this quickly before

Some various things I did what purchase over the past six months or so:

Big Thief - Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe in You 2LP
Manics - The Ultra Vivid Lament CD
Verlaines - Hallelujah All the Way Home LP
Sleeper - Pleased To Meet You CD
Rickie Lee Jones - The Magazine LP
Alice Cooper - Alice Cooper's Greatest Hits LP (the 1974 one where they're all dressed as gangsters on the cover)
Wendy & Lisa – Girl Bros CD
Tyrannosaurus Rex - Prophets, Seers & Sages, The Angels Of The Ages LP (which got turned around by customs and may never turn up but it cost me a fucking fortune so it better!)
The Mary Jane Girls - In My House best of CD

Last edited:
was recently listening to the Francois Bayle boxset I got a few years ago and decided to get the one by his Groupe de recherches musicales studio colleague Bernard Parmegiani (1927-2013)
I could have gotten it for 60-65 Euro when it was reissued in 2020 but 76 Euro (12 CDs) was still a good deal. ordered it on Thursday night (9/2) from Paris and it arrived this morning after just four working days!
never had anything arrive this quickly before
You are in for a fucking treat. The Parmegiani box set is amazing.

You are in for a fucking treat. The Parmegiani box set is amazing.
yeah! I am only on CD 4 yet, as each time I finish one I don't really want to put it away and move onto the next CD so they all got 4 or 5 listens each so far. huge variation in his work. lots of completely different sounding pieces were Parmegiani was working only by his own rules.
unfortunately Parmegiani was already gone when I first heard his music.
and the liner notes are less obtuse than the Bayle set.

when you got the Parmegiani set in 2020 I mentioned the Bayle one was 'too much of a good thing' to take in one go but I wasn't sure whether to get this one and you told me to make sure I got it so after two years I have. cheers!

I spent about 90 minutes listening to Eliane Radigue about a month ago but her heavily drone orientated material didn't click with me.

do you have the Luc Ferrari GRM boxset? and there's one of Xenakis due in the summer.

I have the Ferrari one and I love that one too. He’s another “plays by his own rules” kind of guy. I’d rate him higher than Bayle or Parmegiani but Radigue will always be my ultimate love of this school. So pure.

Ash - Nu-Clear Sounds CD (€1.50 Dealz)
The Coral - Magic and Medicine CD (€1.50 Dealz)
Suede - Head Music CD (on loan Finglas Library)
Hefner - Breaking Gods Heard (Vinyl Bandcamp)
Hefner - Fidelity Wars extended (Bandcamp)
Hefner - We Love the City (Vinyl and extended download Bandcamp)
Superchunk - Wild Loneliness (Bandcamp)
The Delines - The Sea Drift (Bandcamp)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back