Recently Purchased (4 Viewers)

Lads, Khanate were amazing but I can understand not liking them at first. The first two albums (self-titled and Things Viral) are the best metal albums of the 21st century. Saw them play Whelans in 2005(?) and they were unreal. Zero Sunn O))) malarkey on stage (I like the costumes but glad Khanate were just four lifers in normal non-descript black clothes), just a mounting tension and release. I’m going to have to listen to them when I go home again.

My CD of Van Weezer finally arrived yesterday. Worst pre-order fulfilment company ever.

First impression; a bit disappointed. I hoped it would be a genuine 80s metal tribute from the heart (ie, normal Weezer) not a version of what people who don't like 80s metal think 80s metal is. I guess the album cover was a giveaway with that dumb faux metal logo that's not even done very well.

Maybe the songs will reveal themselves, I'll stick with it. Hero is great though.

I think I was a bit hard on VW. My first two listens were with headphones studying the fucking thing. Had it streaming in the kitchen today and enjoyed it.
The streamed version has a different track listing (swaps Hero and The End Of The Game) and it works MUCH better.

They always put the weakest song 2nd or 3rd last and "she needs me" continues that pattern. Though there's still a lot to like there.

Speaking of modern legacy acts, finally got Resistance is Futile by the Manics. I don't think I've listened since release day, putting it on now . Caught up with you @chris d, Manics 4Ever

Speaking of modern legacy acts, finally got Resistance is Futile by the Manics. I don't think I've listened since release day, putting it on now . Caught up with you @chris d, Manics 4Ever
Some good stuff in there. And some interesting Wiki reading of Yves Klein and Vivian Maier.

New Teenage Fanclub is nice enough, but very forgettable. Hard to expect the excitement of the 90s in fairness. I guess Howdy! was their last really good album and that was 2000.

Can I just shock you, I like the new Weezer.

Whats-more @Lili Marlene I just received a copy of Select from May 1995 i bought from ebay. £1.95 it cost back then.

Mojo is like a tenner these days and is just reviews of reissues.

To keep this train going. I bought that copy of Select for the big article on Richie Manic. My own copy would have been cut up into bits back in the day. Anyway, i'm having a look through now and there is a section called IN THE PUB... with Teenage Fanclub.

Good times in 95.

ha! my friend posted me a 1987 issue of Q because it had a Marillion article in it.

two things struck me, 1. all the early graphic design boringness and 2. the amount of bands covered and reviewed that have totally disappeared.

ah yeah it's great. all the old tours being advertised in the back. Select had personal ads as well.

"IRISH MALE, 21 seeks hedonistic female, 15-21 for clubbing, gigs, theater, dining, love, lust and laughter in London. Please send sensual alluring photo. SEL982"

Who here was 21 in 1995? Someone is in for a cancelling.

new records (to me anyway):
AS MERCENARIAS - Bau 83-87 LP
KARL RICHTER - Bach comp. CD (a few of Johann's greatest organ hits)
GYORGY LIGETI - Atmospheres CD (hits comp with a satellite on the cover)
THE POP GROUP - Honeymoon On Mars CD

old records:
CHAOS UK / FUK CD EP (2006)
END OF SILENCE 7" (Ecocentric, circa 1991?)
CHRIST ON PARADE - A Mind Is A Terrible Thing LP (1987)
ABORTICIDO - s/t 7" (2014)
FORMBY CHANNEL - the Inimitable 7" (2011)
NORMALS - Ana 7" (Tardis 2010)
ARNES PLASTHJARNA - Zombiekuken & Big Mama 7" (1991)
TERVEET KADET - Mi Enthalvan: TK Historiaan 1980-84 LP (2001 bootleg comp only for completists, I know all the songs)

I ordered this from cherry red.

Hoping it arrives before Wednesday. This vat shit when buying from non EU countries is starting in July.

I got the darling buds - pop said CD for €1 in a charity shop. Hit the ground is a cool track, the rest of it is meh.

Last edited:
4 CDs

Atlantic r & b volume 5 1961 - 65
Atlantic r & b volume 6 1965 - 67
Atlantic r & b volume 7 1967 - 69
Atlantic r & b volume 8 1970 - 74

A pair of jeans online. Dumb things turned out to be something I'd have never bought if I saw them in real life. Dumb internet clothes shopping.

I checkie shirt in M&S in Dublin. Got it home, too big. Brought it back to the M&S in Navan where they didn't have the thing. Got offered a refund before I could even ask for it. Sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back