Recently Purchased (3 Viewers)

Teenage Fanclub - four thousand seven hundred and sixty six seconds, best of. CD
Aoife nasher Francis - Land of no junction. CD
PJ Harvey - Is this desire? LP reissue

So I bought these boots, which were unbelievably expensive, but I eventually said fuck it, I'll get them.

I've been wearing them fairly constantly (although obviously we're not going out as much these days) for about a year now, and they are AMAZING.

I've never owned a good pair of shoes, I kind of thought shoes are more or less shoes. But that's incorrect, some shoes are amazing. Other than my bikes and this weird fountain pen fetish, there's few enough objects that I really like, but these boots are that. I used to do a lot of jobs on my feet all day, working in kitchens and building sites and stuff, after a while your feet get a bit wrecked.

All I can say is if you have feet pain, a good pair of handmade shoes might be worth a look, despite the price.

Detroit with Mitch Ryder - S/T LP. Boogie woogie heaven.
Meat Puppets - Up on the Sun LP (original SST version)
Smashing Pumpkins - Gish LP (2011 reissue)

From Distrotable:
Grief eater- s/t (lp)
Primitive man- Immersion (lp)
From Superfi records:
Suffering Quota- life in disgust (lp)
Eye flys- Tub of lard (cd)
Throat- Decade of passive aggression (2xcd)
Whoresnation- mephitism (lp)
Whoresnation/Chiens/Dead instrument split (lp)

I sold a few things & the PayPal credit was burning a hole in my pocket.

Magick brother & mystic sister - self titled LP
Fading yellow volume 17 CD
Fading yellow volume 18 CD
The death of pop - Seconds. CD (via bandcamp)
The heliocentrics - The sunshine makers ost bandcamp download

Portishead - Third. despite having their first release on tape and spending a blissful summer listening to it while playing Doom, I never moved on. But this was a tenner, i follow Geoff Barrow on twitter, and this is really excellent.

Weezer - OK Human. I have never lost the love for weezer that dickheads (yeah, you, sorry) have. They have always had the melodies, and Rivers vocals have always been great. But tbf, i don't buy Weezer meme records, lasy one was the White album. But this very good. Numbers is a classic.

PJ Harvey - Stories from the City...(demos) A release for Mojo readers. Sounds really good, just like the real album without drums and base to be honest. Her voice and guitar sound crystal clear. Beautiful.

I have a weird history with PJ Harvey. Liked the first 2 albums fine, Down By The Water was the turning point. Then years later when I was digitising all of the CDs I just skipped over the PJ Harvey section, and there's plenty of stuff that I ripped and have NEVER listened to since. Saw her in the Olympia from the top circle and hated it.
Should I renew my PJ Harvey?

I have a weird history with PJ Harvey. Liked the first 2 albums fine, Down By The Water was the turning point. Then years later when I was digitising all of the CDs I just skipped over the PJ Harvey section, and there's plenty of stuff that I ripped and have NEVER listened to since. Saw her in the Olympia from the top circle and hated it.

My interest drifted after Uh Huh Her. I didn't buy white chalk, bought let england shake & the hope six demolition project but didn't listen to them much. Must play them again sometime. I saw her in olympia as well. It would have been that tour when she wore the spice girls dress (why?) & Josh Klinghoffer (later of rhcp) was in the band. He threw some great shapes on stage, but I'd say if you heard it back he would be all over the shop.

I don't remember posting that either, not drinking this weekend.

White Chalk is the last thing I have. Going to get the last two this year.

If you can listen to Paramor you can go back and do Dry to Uh Huh Her. That is a exceptionally fine run of albums.

I don't remember posting that either, not drinking this weekend.

White Chalk is the last thing I have. Going to get the last two this year.

If you can listen to Paramor you can go back and do Dry to Uh Huh Her. That is a exceptionally fine run of albums.
Don’t stop there, Let England Shake might be her best.

Pure exotica as dug by lux & ivy 2CD
The menahan street band - The exciting sounds of the.... LP

Spending the paypal credit again.

Inventory for the first quarter

Acid Mothers Temple & The Melting Paraiso U.F.O.
~ Chosen Star Child's Confession Lp
The Taj-Mahal Travelers ~ July 15, 1972 lp
Somei Satoh ~ Mandala Trilogy ± 2lp
Somei Satoh ~ Emerald Tablet lp
Zdenek Liska ~ Mala Morska Vila lp
Slogun ~ The Pleasures Of Death 2lp
Nordvargr ~ Daath lp
Taras Bulba ~ One lp
Sepultura ~ Roots 2lp (their pop album)

Lots of sludge-y stuff.

Slave Hands - World Rid Of All Living LP
Necrot - Mortal LP
Come To Grief - Pray For The End LP

Scrap that. Another disastrous purchase. The sound out of them was too "big", if that's a description, and was fucking up my ears. I prefer speakers that are tight.
I'm giving them to my son.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back