Recently Purchased (4 Viewers)

Best album of all time.

Just got it on vinylS there over the weekend.

I only know a handful of her songs, fast as can being 1 of them. I really like that one.
Is she still an emotional wreck?
I have this idea in my head that she has a nervous breakdown every other week.

I only know a handful of her songs, fast as can being 1 of them. I really like that one.
Is she still an emotional wreck?
I have this idea in my head that she has a nervous breakdown every other week.
Nah she's grand. She still gets interviewers treating her like she's a delicate, fragile wisp but I think her only problems stem from being rich and bored.

Fast as You Can was something of an alternative hit on these isles, that's where I first came across her myself, largely forgotten now in favour of the US chart history. I don't think Criminal even charted over here!

Bought a load of Ace Records stuff recently, as you do.

V/A- Come on Lets Go! - Power Pop Gems from the 70s and 80s - S'good. US based so none of the Stiff Records/Nick Lowe kind of side of things I don't think.

also got the Girls Go Power Pop! CD, out at the end of the month, tracklisting looks good.

I'm iffy about power pop, sometimes loving it other times thinking it's embarassing as hell, and obviously power pop fans are as bad as Northern Soul types for policing what is and isn't Power Pop.

V/A - Sophisticated Boom Boom! - The Shadow Morton Story - Been meaning to get this for years. From the Shangri-Las to Vanilla Fudge to the New York Dolls, a supremely talented absolute chancer.

V/A - Kinked! Kinks Songs & Sessions 1964-1971 - various cover versions of Kinks songs, or songs Ray Davies wrote for other people that at a later point became a Kinks song. Eh, not great tbh. Interesting from an archival perspective but most of it is meh.

Last edited:
Bit of drunken eBaying last night.
it’s been a long time.
Picked up a reissue of Faust IV. Located in USA according to listing, but was offering free postage to UK so used my parcel motel address. £20 all in anyway.
Picked up what looks to be an old page from a melody maker too advertising that album and a Henry Cow tour

Attachments

• 186B4491-1CC1-47C8-BA72-034DF0AA6F8F.jpeg
    186B4491-1CC1-47C8-BA72-034DF0AA6F8F.jpeg
    961.1 KB · Views: 8
Bought a load of Ace Records stuff recently, as you do.

V/A- Come on Lets Go! - Power Pop Gems from the 70s and 80s - S'good. US based so none of the Stiff Records/Nick Lowe kind of side of things I don't think.

also got the Girls Go Power Pop! CD, out at the end of the month, tracklisting looks good.

I'm iffy about power pop, sometimes loving it other times thinking it's embarassing as hell, and obviously power pop fans are as bad as Northern Soul types for policing what is and isn't Power Pop.

V/A - Sophisticated Boom Boom! - The Shadow Morton Story - Been meaning to get this for years. From the Shangri-Las to Vanilla Fudge to the New York Dolls, a supremely talented absolute chancer.

V/A - Kinked! Kinks Songs & Sessions 1964-1971 - various cover versions of Kinks songs, or songs Ray Davies wrote for other people that at a later point became a Kinks song. Eh, not great tbh. Interesting from an archival perspective but most of it is meh.
tempted by this, released this week

1597501769610.png

Joan as police woman - Damned devotion LP

Found this in a charity shop today. Still sealed, gatefold sleeve on pink vinyl.
€3.

I knew the name but not the music.
It's kind of quirky modern electronic indie pop.
Like St Vincent at her most commercial.

Last edited:
SATANIC MALFUNCTIONS - Who Wants The World 7''
24 song hardcore thrash EP from 1986. my favourite English band of the era.

CHRIST ON PARADE - Isn't Life a Dream 7'' EP (1986)
my favourite North California band. hardcore punk w/ post-punk influences.

EINSTURZENDE NEUBAUTEN - Drawings of O.T. LP + 12'' (1984 US pressing)

yeah, NEUBAUTEN were great back then. they could make very stark, shrill
music sound really catchy.
i always think of them as being almost like a Berlin version of no wave
but one that owed very little to any American music.

yeah, NEUBAUTEN were great back then. they could make very stark, shrill
music sound really catchy.
i always think of them as being almost like a Berlin version of no wave
but one that owed very little to any American music.
They were really on their own, the only band who came close is probably Test Dept but even then I think the comparison is fairly superficial. I still love them but they are a completely different thing now.

The Gloaming - 3
Same as everything else they've done...tunes ranging from very good to amazing.

Cormac Begley - Concertinas
This is really good. I need to buy his album with Jack Talty as that is even better as I've been listening to it for a very long time of Spotify.

Sorcha Richardson - First Prize Bravery
I love this but can see how it would make zero impression on lots of people.

Alabaster DePlume - To Cy & Lee
The LP is beautiful.

Upgraded my computer. From a 2007 (maybe 2009) iMac to a 2012 Mac mini. So I've gone from 10.6.8 to right up to date. It's a bit of a headache, especially since almost none of my software runs.

Great being broke.

I've vowed to put money away every week, then when I can afford it I'll buy the latest thing out there.

Dokken-the lost songs lp
Dokken-hars rock woman 7"
Predatur-seen you here 7"
Metal Mirror-english booze 7"
Pretenders-live at the paradise theatre lp

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back