Recently Purchased (4 Viewers)

Will keep an eye out. I avoided him for years because I only knew his later pop stuff.

I know, I was much the same till I heard the Irvine/Brady record and some of his Planxty stuff, and I realised he is a singular talent. What a voice.. To be honest, Welcome Here Kind Stranger is the only thing on a level with the Irvine record though, It's only other record he did that's solid as a full LP. I have a few of his records with the Johnstons, but they're fairly saccharine stuff, not recommended.

Not even......?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That’s the best thing they’ve done but they’re not a patch on Crazy Horse. They always struck me as a poor man’s Residents, right down to the cover of “Satisfaction”.

Like, one of the lads from Devo is literally in The Residents documentary talking about how much they influenced Devo. I find it hard to look at the Devo costumes, hear their music, and take on their sense of humour without thinking of The Residents. Maybe it’s because I heard The Residents first?

I'm not huge on either of them but Devo are a bit more listenable than The Residents, no? More of a fun band than a conceptual art piece, there's definitely place for both in this world.

Like, I'll play the Residents doing Satisfaction once a year and go "hmm, interesting" while i'll play the Devo cover 50 times a year and do a jerky dance around the room to it.

I'm not huge on either of them but Devo are a bit more listenable than The Residents, no? More of a fun band than a conceptual art piece, there's definitely place for both in this world.

Like, I'll play the Residents doing Satisfaction once a year and go "hmm, interesting" while i'll play the Devo cover 50 times a year and do a jerky dance around the room to it.
I’m the opposite. The Residents are less accessible but they’re still really catchy. “Constantinople”, “Smelly Tongues”, and “Harry the Head” are all toe-tappers. Plus the eyeballs and tuxedos look is way cooler than red Lego hats and yellow boiler suits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back