Recently Purchased (3 Viewers)

Coil Presents Black Light District A Thousand Lights in a Darkened Room CD
ELpH vs Coil Worship the Glitch 2LP
The Essor DVD
Dirty Three A Strange Holiday CD
Tren Brothers The Swimmer CD
Nina Nastasia & Jim White You Follow Me CD
Various Artists JMSA Presents Wave from Free Music: Undecided CD

I've been hovering over those Coil records...

few choice picks from the last few months;

You Were Never Really Here OST - outstanding. works brilliantly as a standalone listen. after 3 or 4 spins it completely hooks you into repeated listens
Themes For Television - Johnny Jewell. mentioned on 2018 releases page. This is great. Knocked back music for Twin Peaks 3. It really is Badalalamenti Twin Peaks by numbers but it's great
MBV Loveless/Isn't Anything reissues. (got one of those extra copies of different pressing of Isn't Anything with mine). Enough said about these. Still no MBV proper Irish show? dunno why not..
The Watchbird Alluminate by Jane Weaver Septieme Souer. Picked this up for a 10er in RAGE last month. Have tried a few of JW albums but never really took to them. These are basically songs, from one of her earlier albums I think) reassembled by the likes of Demdike Stare, Focus Group and others. Definitely the best thing I've heard with her name to it
Quare Groove Vol. 1 All city comp of obscure Irish tunes. Great
Bwyd Time by Gorky's Zygotic Mynci Picked this up at record fair in Grand Social last month for 10 or 15. A name I've been familiar with since they were around in mid 90s so took a punt on it. it's alright. must go back to it again
Oracle by Mark Shreeve Recently became aware of a british library label called Bruton Music. Have 100s of releases dating back to the 70s., Very hit and miss but picked this up in London a few weeks back. Their releases are generally colour coded. orange covers more electronic, green more pastoral I think etc. This is okay. Has a couple of cool tunes. Worth the 5er I spent on it
Let The Night Last Forever by Walter Christian Rothe A mid 80s ambient LP. so said the sticker in Alan's Record Shop in London anyway. Some nice moments but is killed by some pretty awful 80s drums. Priced at £15 but yer man gave it to me for 5 which was sweet. Maybe one of the nicest record store owner's I've encountered. offering cups of tea to all customers once they settled into shop but genuinely nice guy. Great place for digging around but well picked over regularly I'd say. First time going there, will definitely be back. Heard him saying to a customer that he sells about 1000-1200 LPs a week. Up in east Finchley. Phenomenal

Last edited:
Tom Verlaine - Dreamtime lp
Morrissey - You have killed me 7"
Belle and Sebastian - Century of Fakers 7" (3.2.1 seconds of light)
Lemonheads - Luka 7"

I didn't know about that Robert Kirby cd; is it re-recordings of his string arrangements?

I haven't recieved it yet.
Disclaimer: I did look for it in town but they didn't have it. So I ordered it online.

As far as I know its a compilation of the original recordings, not re-recordings.
Compiled & annotated by Bob Stanley of Saint Etienne. Bob does a good compilation.

When The Day Is Done - The Orchestrations Of Robert Kirby

Wow cool thanks; Might order that myself

I'm a fan of that sound. Late 60's, early 70's baroque, autumnal, melancholic, lots of strings, harpsichords, woodwinds, singer with very posh english accents. It was a Bob Stanley compilation from a years ago that got me into it.

Tea & Symphony - The English Baroque Sound - 1967/1974

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He's compiled a few other's in the same vein that are really good.

Bob Stanley And Pete Wiggs Present English Weather

Gather In The Mushrooms: British Acid Folk Underground 1968-1974

Early Morning Hush: Notes From The UK Folk Underground 1969-1976

I'm a fan of that sound. Late 60's, early 70's baroque, autumnal, melancholic, lots of strings, harpsichords, woodwinds, singer with very posh english accents. It was a Bob Stanley compilation from a years ago that got me into it.

Tea & Symphony - The English Baroque Sound - 1967/1974

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He's compiled a few other's in the same vein that are really good.

Bob Stanley And Pete Wiggs Present English Weather

Gather In The Mushrooms: British Acid Folk Underground 1968-1974

Early Morning Hush: Notes From The UK Folk Underground 1969-1976

That's deadly thanks; I'll check those out

La Monte Young/Marian Zazeela The Well-Tuned Piano in The Magenta Lights DVD
I went to the website the day after you mentioned picking this up, but it had already been sold out. Bastard thing. No mention of it on discogs yet, but I imagine when it does appear there will be repeated spit-takes over the price. What is the point of a limited edition reissue, apart from increasing the smugness deficit between music fans?

I went to the website the day after you mentioned picking this up, but it had already been sold out. Bastard thing. No mention of it on discogs yet, but I imagine when it does appear there will be repeated spit-takes over the price. What is the point of a limited edition reissue, apart from increasing the smugness deficit between music fans?
It seems to be still available from the MELA Foundation:
Mela Foundation Store

I got it from SoundOhm who have free shipping when you spend a certain amount (I bought the NWW and Jasss LPs with it):
Marian zazeela - la monte young - The Well-Tuned Piano - Soundohm

They've also got the Tamburas of Pandit Pran Nath which is great if you haven't got it:
Marian zazeela - la monte young - The Tamburas Of Pandit Pran Nath - Soundohm

It seems to be still available from the MELA Foundation:
Mela Foundation Store

I got it from SoundOhm who have free shipping when you spend a certain amount (I bought the NWW and Jasss LPs with it):
Marian zazeela - la monte young - The Well-Tuned Piano - Soundohm

They've also got the Tamburas of Pandit Pran Nath which is great if you haven't got it:
Marian zazeela - la monte young - The Tamburas Of Pandit Pran Nath - Soundohm

Well that's interesting... the Soundohm website was marking it sold out when I last looked. I didn't even check the MELA foundation. If it's there in a month I'll pick it up. I have the Tamburas one, I like it and all but it's not one of my favourites of his/theirs. Wasn't it intended as a tuning aid? Anyway...good hustle, thank you!

Endless Swarm/ Gets Worse split (7")
Meth Leppard/ Minimum wage assassins- split(lp)
Chest pain-s/t (7")
Axis of Despair- Contempt for man (lp)
Gets Worse- blacked out (lp)
Gets Worse/ Fissure split (7")

61mSLHnTKGL._SY355_.jpg

€19.60 including p&p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back