Recently Purchased (3 Viewers)

GORILLAMUNCH said:
childs play - chucky or the weirdo tales of the unexpected tv movie shit?
both great - childs play 2 is best chucky - that entire series (with the exception of 3) is gold - totally overlooked. the last one is amazing. hammy and self referential without being completly LAME - guest starring john waters!

those 2 darkthrone albums are great. i was listening to judas iscariot the other day and realised how completly dumb a lot of black metal is...like it needed to be said. find myself drawn to the synth interludes - ha.

now playin - joe jackson - i'm the man

saw "seed of chucky" the other week and shat myself laughing! Amazing film! Jennifer Tilly ripping the piss out of herself is hilarious and John Waters death scene is pretty cool. That's the only one i've seen. I know Bride of Chucky and Seed.. are going cheap in HMV so i think i'll have to pick em up.

Yeah, i find it hard to take black metal seriously, it's the shitty lo-fi buzz saw guitars i'm in love with.

Gambra said:
Black Dice & Wolf Eyes - Split CD
have you heard the american tapes stuff they did together? i like that too but i think the CD-Rs are even more interesting...noise madness well executed. got 2 of the 3 they made a couple years ago, i think internets have them too...

This morning 'The Best of Blondie' lp - 4 euro, crisp condition.
Michael Winterbottom's Wonderland, vhs, 2 euro.
'Prime Mover' 7" - Zodiac Mindwarp and the love reaction.
'The doctor is sick' by Anthony Burgess, 2 euro.

Two cds, 1.50 each - The Fucking Champs Greatest Hits,
'Crazy to Exist (live) - Josef K ('It's kinda funny' is fucking sublime!)

Also g 'How do you want me?' season one and two in the post on Friday. It has aged very well indeed.

I remember seeing the video for that on the Chart Show or some music programme like that. The one where they had no presenters. I thought it was a great tune. Never heard much else though.

I just bought 'Collossal Youth' LP on ebay for nearly 35 euros. Yikes! And that's not including postage, (which shouldn't be more than 5....).

'Evil zeros and ones' 2lp - Immense, earlier today.

in london i bought

Books:
The Men Who Stare at Goats; Them (2 jon ronson books for a tenner!)
The A-Z of Classic Children's Television - 2.99!!!
The Watchmen (last read it about 19 years ago, so I sat down and read it all last night. Still deadly)
The Zombie Survival Guide - a great read so far. The wife finds this one highly amusing, but we'll see who's laughing when the dead walk the earth, won't we?

DVDs
The Work of Spike Jonze - a tenner!
Band of Brothers box set - 20 quid!
The Coen Brothers collection (big lebowski, hudsucker, barton fink & blood simple) - 17 quid!
Refused Are Fucking Dead
Pearl Jam Live At The Garden - Double concert DVD for 5.99? winner!

pete said:
The Zombie Survival Guide - a great read so far. The wife finds this one highly amusing, but we'll see who's laughing when the dead walk the earth, won't we?

.|..|
my friend is hugely obsessed with this.
he's now reading "why do men have nipples?"

boysetsfire: after the eulogy. i love my corporate emo me.

also apparently this came from amazon while i was away:
0520226895.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

St. Fechin said:
No, I simply have to read it cover to cover. I've got some major Kiberdian ass-kissing planned.
for a second i thought you said 'ass-kicking' and i had great Respeck for you. now my respeck levels have dropped to their sort of vaguely above-average level. he's a nice man but all that anglo-irish stuff gives me the ZZZs.

Well, I'm gonna kick his ass so hard that by the end of the year he'll be kissing my ass. Impressed now? Anglo-Irish stuff gives you the ZZZs? Yeah, I suppose, but big-fish-small-pond versus small-fish-big-pond is the way I view it.

Edit: My uncharacteristic drunkenness goes some way to explain the uncharacteristic hubris of this post. Drunken Thumped posting is certainly 'catching' as they say in the North of England.

jaakko said:
have you heard the american tapes stuff they did together? i like that too but i think the CD-Rs are even more interesting...noise madness well executed. got 2 of the 3 they made a couple years ago, i think internets have them too...

Could I possibly get them off you?? MP3 or CD-r etc?? I really want to get all the older long out of print Wolf Eyes stuff to hear it and want to get copies off people... I can't d/l stuff cos of 56k modem :mad:

ebay. prag vec. wolf 7". £4.
ebay. los microwaves. life after breakfast 12" (radio promo) $5.
hmv. adam and the ants. best of. €5.
hmv. grace jones. the collection. €5.

Gambra said:
Could I possibly get them off you?? MP3 or CD-r etc?? I really want to get all the older long out of print Wolf Eyes stuff to hear it and want to get copies off people... I can't d/l stuff cos of 56k modem :mad:

Ah, now that would be possible, if it wasn't so that those CDs are in Finland, I'd need to fetch them next time i'm there...maybe december/january, maybe later !baggyyyy

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back