Recently Purchased (3 Viewers)

WEB_Image%20Al%20Green%20I%20m%20Still%20in%20Love%20With%20You%20(LP)-705829956.Jpeg
Clean copy of the Hi original. Once you get albums
Iike this in your mits, you really don't need anything else.

The Beatles - The Beatles lp
Got that D'Agostino or whateveryoucallit LP/Magazine 180g thingy.
Pretty nice with photo's and pull out poster/lyric sheet.

Insane times: 21 British psychedelic artifacts double LP (RSD)
Come to the sunshine: soft pop nuggets double LP (RSD)
English weather: 60s/70s British baroque pop comp double LP
Gong - You. CD

Coil Horse Rotorvator LP
Sunn O))) Candlewolff of Thee Golden Chalice 12"
Iggy Pop Post Pop Depression LP
Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein Stranger Things - Volume One 2LP
Allen Ginsberg/Nick Cave/Falco Viva La Poesia CD/book

I'm back to thinking it's his best album again after a few years of either Everybody Knows or On the Beach.
It's a strong one that I burned out on. However, I think it might be back in my top five after listening back to it this afternoon. Greendale is still number one for me, immediately followed by Weld.

It's a strong one that I burned out on. However, I think it might be back in my top five after listening back to it this afternoon. Greendale is still number one for me, immediately followed by Weld.
After the Goldrush was my intro to NY, such a great album. I picked up Prairie Wind recently which is also really good for latterday Neil.

After the Goldrush was my intro to NY, such a great album. I picked up Prairie Wind recently which is also really good for latterday Neil.
Latterday? He's had 10 main studio albums (and nearly as many live releases) since then, it's positively ancient at this stage.

I like Prairie Wind, it seems to be a divisive one but it works for me. Have you seen the movie Heart of Gold from that time when he does most of the album live in an old Nashville theatre? It's directed by the recently departed Jonathan Demme and it's beautiful. Some nice interviews in it (especially if you like old guitars) and the Prairie Wind material is "padded out" with classics from Harvest, Harvest Moon, Comes a Time, etc.

Latterday? He's had 10 main studio albums (and nearly as many live releases) since then, it's positively ancient at this stage.

I like Prairie Wind, it seems to be a divisive one but it works for me. Have you seen the movie Heart of Gold from that time when he does most of the album live in an old Nashville theatre? It's directed by the recently departed Jonathan Demme and it's beautiful. Some nice interviews in it (especially if you like old guitars) and the Prairie Wind material is "padded out" with classics from Harvest, Harvest Moon, Comes a Time, etc.
I've not been keeping up with his output in recent times but I heard PW in a bar and liked it straight off. yes I saw that film, I really enjoyed it. Is the promise of the Real album any use?

I've not been keeping up with his output in recent times but I heard PW in a bar and liked it straight off. yes I saw that film, I really enjoyed it. Is the promise of the Real album any use?
It's fine, some good tracks on it but not a classic. By comparison to Storytone, it's amazing but it's average in the scheme of things. The live album (Earth) is a bit more interesting but I wish they had waited and done a live album from the European tour as the band really gelled then. There's a fan made 6CD compilation from the European tour that is unreal, so much so that I think the next album they do will be terrific.

Purchased for me buh

julianlage_arclight_tc.jpg

Brilliant! Worried it would be too much, but even my simple mind can digest it easily.

Obsiquae - Aria of Vernal lp
Krypts - Remanis of Expansion lp
Thor Harris ‎– Thor & Friends lp
Walker Harris English cs

In the post this morning:
Grinderman Heathen Child 12" (1st pressing with mispressed b-side)
Crosby Stills Nash & Young Déja Vu Live CD
Keiji Haino, Jozef Dumoulin, Teun Verbruggen The Miracles of Only One Thing CD

Traded in CDs in Freebird and picked up the following:
Nick Cave & Warren Ellis Mars CD
Talk Talk Laughing Stock LP
Talk Talk The Colour of Spring LP
Neil Young On the Beach LP
Neil Young & Crazy Horse Zuma LP
The Gun Club Death Party LP
Adam Bryanbaum Wiltzie Salero LP
David Sylvian Brilliant Trees LP
Tortoise Millions Now Living Will Never Die LP
Föllakzoid III LP
PJ Harvey The Hope Six Demolition Project LP

I guess you could call it a good day.

In the post this morning:
Grinderman Heathen Child 12" (1st pressing with mispressed b-side)
Crosby Stills Nash & Young Déja Vu Live CD
Keiji Haino, Jozef Dumoulin, Teun Verbruggen The Miracles of Only One Thing CD

Traded in CDs in Freebird and picked up the following:
Nick Cave & Warren Ellis Mars CD
Talk Talk Laughing Stock LP
Talk Talk The Colour of Spring LP
Neil Young On the Beach LP
Neil Young & Crazy Horse Zuma LP
The Gun Club Death Party LP
Adam Bryanbaum Wiltzie Salero LP
David Sylvian Brilliant Trees LP
Tortoise Millions Now Living Will Never Die LP
Föllakzoid III LP
PJ Harvey The Hope Six Demolition Project LP

I guess you could call it a good day.
Brilliant! Some great stuff there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back