REAPER HEADMELT AREA (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 261
  • Views 30K
  • Watchers 4
I'm turning into a nerd. I'm gonna set up an fx server farm for the craic using Reamote.

Its a very interesting subject.I've read that its possible to run 20-30 fx chains remotely.Most I'd ever need would be about 10 and that seems to be doable with a crossover cable with 2 machines.

Edit..I have 4.I'm gonna try get them all going for the craic.But two is what I'm aiming to get a permanent low latency setup with.Just so I'm prepared!

No I dont..yet.! I have been eyeing a couple of sample libraries lately.

I'm just doing it for the craic really.I've no real need for it with he stuff I'm currently making.

I'm hoping this leads the way to me learning how to turn the thing into a video rendering suite.I wanna startt editing HD vid at some point

Edit..I am gonna start experimenting with reverb impulses.Be ideal for that too.I currently only use algorhytmic ones..I think my reverbs need work.I dont use any kinda method in choosing them..I just try a load and wait till it sounds alright.

i tried the impulse reverbs but i didn't have a clue what i was doing with them. you can get impulses for all sorts of classic hardware too - eqs and shit. i tried them out but they were wasted on me too

i've found that stuff that emulates classic hardware doesnt do much for me, and the sorta techie js/rea effects in there work for me way better. i'm pretty sure you i used mdsduckverb in three instances on the bridge for this
that duckverb is a great one if you are well used to compressors.

Thats sounds FUCKING amazing Ann!

Oh jazes,I feel fucking stupid for not listening to your lp now.Thats absolutely beautiful.I'm gonna get it tomorrow.

Yeah,I have a reverb or two that I love.But someone mentioned to me that I could be doing it better.So that got me a bit neurotic about it.I really gotta stop listening to non-me's.A few times over the last week I've had people pointing out my sonic inadequacies.I remind them that I'm only doing this a year and that I think I'm doing pretty good,and that the only way to learn is by doing it.Another year and I'll have it sewn up.Sound engineering is'nt something you learn overnight.

If I like it..its good.Hi-fi is lie-fi!Lo-fi is my fi!

Heres something useful I discovered.I believe this is my idea.

I've been having savage pitch problems and was in bad need of a bit of reverb in the cans to help sort it out...

This is useful if latency is an issue and you monitor direct from the sound card.Arm two tracks and install reverb on one with the 'verb at 100% wet.You get the direct sound as normal and the reverb from track two coming outta reaper..the latency dosent matte on the reverb..cant notice it.Best of both worlds.I'm nailing every take pitch perfect since I started doing it.

Obviously,I dont mean using reverb to track is my idea!Just this workaround the latency issue..

Yeah..well that last one is a reaper one but yer not wrong.

What do you propose?

Edit..that one about eq is fucking golddustdynamite btw

Yeah probably too late to do anything alight. Maybe start a Reaper tips thread? The other stuff people would be interested alright, but may not find it here (like the build your studio stuff)

One word EVENTHORIZON!

in the js plugs...its my new go to last stage clipper/limiter yoke on the master buss.

My days of paying for mastering are over I'm sad to say.Who can afford it?Not many I suspect.If I could I would without question but I cant..theres no money in rock n roll.....
So I'm working flat out on a foolproof DIY system.

One word EVENTHORIZON!

in the js plugs...its my new go to last stage clipper/limiter yoke on the master buss.

My days of paying for mastering are over I'm sad to say.Who can afford it?Not many I suspect.If I could I would without question but I cant..theres no money in rock n roll.....
So I'm working flat out on a foolproof DIY system.

Yep, that's certainly a Reaper Headmelt! ;)

I've just discovered something MARVELLOUS.

If like me,you have a USB MIDI controller keyboard with knobs on it...well those knobs are easily assignable to any function inside REAPER you like.ie..fader/pan etc.

Thus recording automation is now a walk in the park.And anything at al that can cut down on mouse usuage is defo a big bonus.My right hand is barely strong enough to have a wank with at this stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back