realtime VST effects use (1 Viewer)

hanley

Website
www.tirnagcasta.org
could i set something up so i could use a computer like an effect pedal with a mic or guitar going into a pc, being processed by a vst and out the line out

what software would be best for this?

what sort of latency would there be and does latency vary much between different vsts?

have some oldish computers about the place and was thinking of using one for this sole purpose

thanks

This is a forum for real guitars and amps, not them plasticky fake yokes.

I think the latency would be enough to fuck you up a bit. Might be ok if you're looking to do delay/reverb-style mangling.

isn't there some native instruments guitar effects rack emulation sortware knocking about? an intern at work ran his guitar through it a few times when I played some music with him. in fact, there may even be a thread about it around...

not sure if your skip-dodging frankensteins would be up to the challenge though rob!

as redtape sez: LATENCY!!!

This is a forum for real guitars and amps, not them plasticky fake yokes.

I think the latency would be enough to fuck you up a bit. Might be ok if you're looking to do delay/reverb-style mangling.
was thinking of mainly using a reverb alright.maybe a distortion too

isn't there some native instruments guitar effects rack emulation sortware knocking about? an intern at work ran his guitar through it a few times when I played some music with him. in fact, there may even be a thread about it around...

not sure if your skip-dodging frankensteins would be up to the challenge though rob!

as redtape sez: LATENCY!!!
thought of that but native instruments are normally cpu/ram heavy to reackon thats right out

got a few vst host things and a bunch of vsts so am gonna try it out now

cheers for the info

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back