Real Life People I have the Horn For (2 Viewers)

you're not from around here are you

Nope.

One of my exes had a light brown receding hair line, wore old suit coats, was getting a PhD in neuroscience…etc. When ever he started to grow a beard it would be ginger. He hated it. I loved it. I would fight with him to keep it and not shave it off. He also broke my theoretical heart into millions of pieces before I left him. I think I need a new ‘type’.

I see one of these men almost every day on the street. Add a widow’s peak hairline and a bit of grey, old worn leather satchel, him riding a bike, and able to answer my random scientific questions as to how things work…yeah, I’d be in heaven and rendered mute.

do you want to know about quantum theory? somebody please ask me about quantum theory; i've been reading. that stuff is insane.

tom, what about quantum theory then

well bernard, i'm very glad you asked me that question. have you heard of the many worlds interpretation of quantum paradoxes?

basically, all the boffins agree that quantum physics doesn't make any kind of intuitive sense and can't be reconciled with orthodox 'real world' physics - you have electrons that are simultaneously there and not-there, and stuff like that.

this has led to a situation where there are various interpretations of how it all makes sense. one of the more conventional ones is the copenhagen interpretation. however, another possibility is the many worlds one, which says, quite seriously, that these electrons are in many places at once because they simultaneously are 'living' in a multitude of separate, parallel universes.

the obvious inference to draw from this is that reality as we know it is actually one of a series of possibly infinite parallel universes in a 'multiverse', in which all the possibilities of history have actually been realised. basically, if this interpretation of physics makes sense, then in all likelihood there is a parallel universe in which you are president of the world, or a rockstar, or a mass murderer. and another one in which i am too. and another in which we both are. and suchlike.

i have the horn for theoretical physics

well bernard, i'm very glad you asked me that question. have you heard of the many worlds interpretation of quantum paradoxes?

basically, all the boffins agree that quantum physics doesn't make any kind of intuitive sense and can't be reconciled with orthodox 'real world' physics - you have electrons that are simultaneously there and not-there, and stuff like that.

this has led to a situation where there are various interpretations of how it all makes sense. one of the more conventional ones is the copenhagen interpretation. however, another possibility is the many worlds one, which says, quite seriously, that these electrons are in many places at once because they simultaneously are 'living' in a multitude of separate, parallel universes.

the obvious inference to draw from this is that reality as we know it is actually one of a series of possibly infinite parallel universes in a 'multiverse', in which all the possibilities of history have actually been realised. basically, if this interpretation of physics makes sense, then in all likelihood there is a parallel universe in which you are president of the world, or a rockstar, or a mass murderer. and another one in which i am too. and another in which we both are. and suchlike.

i have the horn for theoretical physics

yes but tom, as i realised when i was 19 and studying quantum physics at university, all of this is completely irrelevant, so i jacked it in to read phillip k dick novels instead.

\

i was listening to a programme on quantum mechanics on the walk into work this morning. Just as i was getting my head around it they said - "if you think you understand quantum mechanics you don't really understand it"

Id run a mile from maths people of any kind, wait till your shown a collection of shittie pictures of engineering projects and given physics equations to do with something that happened in Donnie Darko.

I actually dont fancy anyone for the first time in ages. Which is extremely odd, cause when im actually going out with some one ive a rotten wandering eye.

Anyone ever want to merge the fine ex who was as boring as fuck with the best personality ex ever?

The wandering tonge ended both the fine ex and the personality ex, but still if I could have merged the two...

What a fella.

The wandering tonge ended both the fine ex and the personality ex, but still if I could have merged the two...

What a fella.

Did your tongue just wander into someone else's mouth or was it something you said?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back