Ray Burke (1 Viewer)

Pantone247

Since 2000
Website
pantone247.blogspot.com
I don't post here often... but I'd just like to say...

ha ha!

and

P.J. O'Mara

ha ha!

also

Describing the report as "profoundly significant", Mr Ahern said, "It sends out a clear message. These who act improperly and illegally while engaged in public life can be assured that their actions will be exposed."

so I guess this means Bertie will be taking our Minister for Finance to task... won't he??

I mean, thats what he's saying...isn't it??

:confused:

Originally posted by Pantone247

so I guess this means Bertie will be taking our Minister for Finance to task... won't he??

you make a good point but you have to look at the system that we have in ireland of solving these problems

first step, the thing happens

second step, ten years after a report comitteel is set up

third step, another ten years later, report is published, by this time everyone's forgetten who this lad is

fourth step, 5 years later, he's in front of a tribunal but is failerd to be prosecuted as he's in bad health and it is seen as socially unacceptable to prosecute someone in such bad ill health

fifth step, after all charges are drop, mirracolusly, the person regaiins full health and is back to his former vibrant self

this is basically what happens in situations like this :D

Re: Re: Ray Burke

Originally posted by IFF

you make a good point but you have to look at the system that we have in ireland of solving these problems

first step, the thing happens

second step, ten years after a report comitteel is set up

third step, another ten years later, report is published, by this time everyone's forgetten who this lad is

fourth step, 5 years later, he's in front of a tribunal but is failerd to be prosecuted as he's in bad health and it is seen as socially unacceptable to prosecute someone in such bad ill health

fifth step, after all charges are drop, mirracolusly, the person regaiins full health and is back to his former vibrant self

this is basically what happens in situations like this :D

or step 4a Mary Harney opens her big trap says something that may cause prejury and the whole case gets scrapped

I know the whole thing is a bit of a show trail but its hilarious to see Betie patting himself on the back for expanding the terms of reference for the Flood Tribunal and dealing with Coruption... and then turn around defend the LYING FUCK Mc Creevy...

Mc Creevy if your reading this you are a LIER!!

heres something to do if your bored... e-mail charlie the Dept of Finannce and tell them what a lying prick Charlie is

[email protected]

go on!

while I really doubt Charlie is actually the webmaster... it's the best I could come up with from http://www.gov.ie

Well fed, that man

As a former voter in the Dublin North constituency, I can reveal that Ray Burke's election posters used to display his name as "Raphael Burke (Ray)". This was a source of some amusement to us as kids.

Nothwithstanding our innocent jibery, I'd like to make the point that Raphael Burkray was a man of great stature in the community. He was then, and remains now, a man of great... size. He is and was a very large man, a big fellow, a grand lump of a man.

He was hefty.

Beef to the heels like a Mullingar heifer, as Joyce put it.

For years he was very well fed.

As someone has implied, it's very unlikely that this man will be convicted for what he did. Now I couldn't give a monkey's brown-eye for what happens to the man on a personal level. As he is no longer an elected representative in this hilarious country his future concerns me no more than that of a road-killed toad. But I have to admit that if, in 3 or 4 years time, I see a picture of Raphael Burkray and he has become as thin as a reed in a fast-flowing river, then I'll have to conclude that the tribunal did something right.

Originally posted by lorcanzo
me da and me went down when i was about 10 so some election and i said something like 'pater dear, to whom shall your first perference be afforded?' and den he goes 'jaysus not that ray burke fella, he's a right slippery bollix!'
y'see..

Originally posted by Pantone247

and if he his Cecelia can book us in for a double leg wax tuesday week

here's something surreal for ye.
i was in the pub last night, asked for a drink etc then noticed that trevor sargent was getting his legs waxed in the corner of the pub. weird eh?
it was a benefit for breast cancer, so seeing as i like boobs, i signed up, walked around the pub got fifty eurots, and ten minutes later i had shiny hairless legs*. but anyway the girls who were doing the waxing were councillers in dublin county council!
so i basically got me legs waxed with three polititians....

*itchy, red, bumpy horrible legs i mean there....

will he rock the boat ?

The former Foreign Minister was saying little yesterday as he faced the cameras for the first time since the damning indictment of his activities was delivered by Mr Justice Feargus Flood five days ago.

But his cryptic statement that he looked forward "very, very much" to the opportunity to speak on the issue in the future was seen as a signal he would not be pulling his punches when he decides to say his piece.

"I've been advised by my legal team that no comment is appropriate at the moment," Mr Burke said at his home off Griffith Avenue in Dublin.

"The opportunity to speak in the future will present itself to me, which I look forward to very, very much," he added.

on the flipside, somebody who is not afraid of speaking his mind

Giuliani: I asked to kill bin Laden

Tuesday October 1st 2002

It's been revealed that the former New York mayor, Rudolph Giuliani, asked President Bush if he could personally assassinate Osama bin Laden if he were captured by US forces.

Giuliani has written about the request in his book "Leadership" to be published this week. In the book Giuliani wrote, "I am sure he thought I was just speaking rhetorically. But I was serious. Bin Laden had attacked my city, and as its mayor I had the strong feeling that I was the most appropriate person to do it."

In an interview to promote his book Giuliani said that he expected to re-enter politics, adding that while another run for mayor was out, campaigns for President, U. S. Senator or New York Governor were possible. He said: "I've learned that you don't cut off options, and I have no idea of what the future will bring. I think I'll want to go back to government again. Maybe it will be appointed office."

Re: will he rock the boat ?

Originally posted by P. Littbarski

"The opportunity to speak in the future will present itself to me, which I look forward to very, very much," he added.

I don't know, it'd be great to think he's doing "I'LL TAKE YOU ALL DOWN WITH ME!!" stylee blaze of glory thing

but I sorta think what he was more likely saying is "ok boys, I'm fucked and I've dirt to dish, lets make some deals here, plain brown envelopes to the ususal address please"

I think he is just reminding people in power not to leave him out in dark

I'd pay €50 to wax Giuliani's sack. I am sure he'd think I was just speaking rhetorically, But I am serious.:D Nothing better for a political career in the usa that to be seen as the puff-chested alpha male, pissing on his territory. "president" shrub has raised a few million selling photos of himself looking grim/dertermined/in charge in front of the wtc rubble. Rule 1 of american governance:exploit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back