Rate all of their albums (1 Viewer)

Young Americans has always been next on my list. Looking forward to marking it against Lets Dance, which has to be a 5 for me. Hate side B.

Would be even lower than that but for Let's Dance itself being one of the greatest songs and videos of all time. What else is on there? Modern Love and the bad version of China Girl.

Edit, reads like I'm being mean about @Cornu Ammonis ratings. Im not and I'm loving your work on this thread. Made me stick on Scary Monsters at lunch.

Would be even lower than that but for Let's Dance itself being one of the greatest songs and videos of all time.
never forget who to thank though

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Would be even lower than that but for Let's Dance itself being one of the greatest songs and videos of all time. What else is on there? Modern Love and the bad version of China Girl.

Edit, reads like I'm being mean about @Cornu Ammonis ratings. Im not and I'm loving your work on this thread. Made me stick on Scary Monsters at lunch.
I used to think Let’s Dance was a one or two track album full of filler but over the past couple of years the rest of it has really grown on me. It’s a different thing to what came before and that can be jarring even after all this time, but I think it stands up. None of his stuff is really bad, it’s average at worst but he doesn’t drop a complete turd.

Like the Labyrinth soundtrack is fairly dated drivel but the song Magic Dance is wonderful (especially considered as a song that is part of a children’s movie rather than something that should be directly considered as a follow up to Ziggy or something).

After listening to them all back-to-back, I think I’ve gotten the ratings for all of Low’s albums just right here:
I Could Live in Hope – 10
Long Division – 10
The Curtain Hits the Cast – 10
Secret Name – 10
Things We Lost in the Fire – 10
Trust – 10
The Great Destroyer – 10
Drums and Guns – 10
C'mon – 10
The Invisible Way – 10
Ones and Sixes – 10
Double Negative – 10
Hey What – 10

Depeche Mode - more consistent than I'd expected, especially on the later albums which were better than I expected.

Speak & Spell – 7
A Broken Frame – 6
Construction Time Again – 8
Some Great Reward – 8
Black Celebration – 8
Music for the Masses – 9
Violator – 8
Songs of Faith and Devotion – 9
Ultra – 8 (though Barrel of a Gun and It’s No Good are both 10/10 songs)
Exciter – 7
Playing the Angel – 8
Sounds of the Universe – 8
Delta Machine – 8
Spirit – 8
Memento Mori – 8

After listening to them all back-to-back, I think I’ve gotten the ratings for all of Low’s albums just right here:
I Could Live in Hope – 10
Long Division – 10
The Curtain Hits the Cast – 10
Secret Name – 10
Things We Lost in the Fire – 10
Trust – 10
The Great Destroyer – 10
Drums and Guns – 10
C'mon – 10
The Invisible Way – 10
Ones and Sixes – 10
Double Negative – 10
Hey What – 10
minus ten for all of 'em?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back