Randy Described Eternity (1 Viewer)

P. Littbarski

"I stayed up late and did a lot of math, and this is what I came up with; it would take 386 trillion trillion years to wear down a metal sphere (I used aluminum for the equation) ten times the size of Jupiter, to the size of a pea, hitting it once every thousand years with a swipe of a single feather ( assuming the feather removes 10 micrograms of material with each swipe. For comparison, a fingerprint weighs 50 micrograms.)

Here is the number in long format : 386,000,000,000,000,000,00​0,000,000 years.

The known universe is only 14 billion years old. Randys number has 16 more zeros. And remember, this 386 trillion trillion years is only half a blink, in the place you're gonna be."

colour me sceptical about the amount of metal wiped off. a fingerprint is usually visible, and rubbing a feather off a piece of metal would not result in anything visible; i would guess he's completely overestimated how much metal the feather removes. add at least another zero to the calculation.

well they've set it within the realm of regular physics which would make me think that the gravitational pull on a planet ten times the size of jupiter would be so strong that the little bit of aluminum would immediately fall off the feather and stick to the surface and reset the scenario within each thousand year gap.

we're also forgetting that the feather would wear away to nothing far quicker than the sphere would wear away. feather supply in such an extreme environment would be very difficult logistically.

I disagree, a sphere ten times the size of jupiter made of aluminium would obviously the result of a galaxy wide mining project, obviously formed into a sphere so i can be transported using orbital steering. any society able to work logistics at that level can find a feather.

the gravitational pull on a planet ten times the size of jupiter
thing is, aluminium is about half the density of the earth, and the radius would be of a size (based on 'ten times the size of jupiter' referring to volume) that the force of gravity at the surface would be about ten times that on earth. obviously you wouldn't want to live there, but it's no black hole levels of gravity.

thing is, aluminium is about half the density of the earth, and the radius would be of a size (based on 'ten times the size of jupiter' referring to volume) that the force of gravity at the surface would be about ten times that on earth. obviously you wouldn't want to live there, but it's no black hole levels of gravity.

I had taken density into consideration, jupiter is 1/4 the density of earth, with 2.5ish times the gravity. then every time you multiply the radius my two it has an exponential effect on density. i mean if i was the aluminum, it would want to be one sound fucking feather.

Welcome back Dave!

How long would it take for me to get an erection if someone were to hit my ass once every thousand years with a swipe of a single feather?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back