Random Photos (1 Viewer)

im using a home dev kit, i picked up in gunns, it works out about €1/roll and then i picked up the scanner for €180, it should pay for itself shortly, especially shooting MF, which at €15/roll to dev and scan, adds up pretty quickly.

The process itself isnt too tricky, you just have tp keep the tempurature pretty constant (+- 0.8 C)for the first 3m 15sec of dev.
For the rest of the process you have about 10 degrees to work with.
Its all up there on youtube

ill try that out on the next roll and see how it goes.

cool - used to home dev and scan when I was shooting exclusively b/w film it is the cheapest way to go. then I got into darkroom jiggery pokey in a much bigger way and scanned the resulting prints instead - a bit less cost effective needless to say!

have been looking for a half decent scanner that would handle mf for a while must check it out!

Raz,these ones here are negs, im using a canoscan 9000f,which does the job for uploading to the net but if i need larger prints, id say id have to get them done somewhere else.
Im having a few development issues at the moment, i seem to be getting bubble marks on the negs, its wrecking my head, anybody have any ideas? The picture of the arcade sign with the pigeon has a good example of it..

You could be over or under aggitating the chemicals during developing or the inside of the developing tank might have been slightly wet. Or you haven't mixed the chemicals correctly. I'm not sure what the process you're using is but my guess is the aggitation issue.

You could be over or under aggitating the chemicals during developing or the inside of the developing tank might have been slightly wet. Or you haven't mixed the chemicals correctly. I'm not sure what the process you're using is but my guess is the aggitation issue.

sound, ill try the different agitation methods(invert/twirly stick) over the next few rolls and top up the working fluid and see what happens.

thanks for all the advice.

The method isn't quite as important as doing it at the correct intervals I always (for black and white) aggitated constantly for the first 2 minutes then every thirty seconds for the remainder. I think the machine we had in college pretty much did the same but doing it by hand for 45 minutes could be a bit of a chore.

How are you disposing of the chemicals ?

christmas; thank fuck thats over

5297330156_793a1dfc43_z.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back