Random Photos (1 Viewer)

which one is it? i've read about the x1 and x5 - and the x1 takes 8 minutes to scan a 35mm slide at full res?
also, how easy is it to get time on it on a saturday?

In there right now ... it's an X1.

poor birdy reminds me of these guys... also great/sad series of shots http://www.chrisjordan.com/gallery/midway/#CF000313 18x24

There is a good Chris Jordan interview in the Marketplace of Ideas podcast from a few months ago.

(I havent seen the Midway albatross photos but I saw some of the Running The Numbers project that were all over the interweb a few years back, they were very impressive in the flesh. Huge. About 4' x 6'

some bits from recent photo assignments

Freedom Park, Phnom Penh
5182208776_6b1ed3f78e.jpg

Taken after this journo was freed from prison after a year
5181600933_ae459d9a49.jpg

Cocktail judges
5181590259_f5312cf454.jpg

An NGO here pays parents of scavenger children to send their children to school. The kids would otherwise lose their childhoods in one of the city's municipal dumps.
5182180522_c05a779d57.jpg

5182177128_8804422e62.jpg

In a nutshell: big corporation given rights to fill in the city's main (and biggest) lake, thereby forcing the evictions of thousands of residents (many of them poor) on the lake's periphery. If they don't move quickly enough, their houses - and wordly possessions - are buried under tonnes of sand. Yes, that is the roof of the house.
5195321461_0b7cd9cee9.jpg

5195922642_96b4af841a.jpg

pics from protest over lake evictions coming soon :)
-and no, I'm not really missing Ireland. I saw a preview for that Fade St show - what the hell? Utter shite. If I watch the Guinness Christmas ad though - always gives me slight homesick pangs.

-and no, I'm not really missing Ireland. I saw a preview for that Fade St show - what the hell? Utter shite. If I watch the Guinness Christmas ad though - always gives me slight homesick pangs.

Wait until you hear Gazzer's Xmas song. You'll be on the next plane back. Great photos La La .....

The last 24 hours have been the most horrifying, exhausting experience. Last night I was shooting at one of the hospitals here; after two hours of sleep I was back out, this time at a morgue, stepping over bodies as flies buzzed around in the unrelenting heat. The hollow wailing coming from the pit of people's stomachs as they IDd their loved ones and the smell of death I will never forget.
These are from last night (at a hospital where 140 stampede dead were brought); will post today's shots another time, though many are too gruesome to share. I always wanted to get into disaster/conflict photography. Now I've had a taste, I'm not sure how I feel about it all.

5199995230_f53697b25c_z.jpg

5199399495_0388d9853b_z.jpg

5199991488_99c1dba6f8_z.jpg

5199395297_95afe36099_z.jpg

2 million+ people came to phnom penh for the water festival which ended on monday. on mon night there was a stampede and people were crushed on a bridge for about 4-5 hours. some fell/jumped off. current death toll is just under 400, about 800 injured. most of the dead are women, many of them just slight young things. many victims are from the provinces, so yesterday their families began a desperate scramble around the city's hospitals to ID their loved ones. bodies were laid out - they seemed innumerable at the time - on the floor on mats, in clear body bags or covered with a thin shroud. I really have never experienced anything like it in my life.
PR - yeah, you should stick with pubs and swans.

Sounds... I don't even know. But the photos are stunning, La la. Do you think you'll be out there for long?

was going to post another batch, but instead i'm just gonna post two more because I have to go and cry Punk Rock a river, since that's what he asked me to do in a negative rep message.
anyone with an interest in seeing some new ones from yesterday can go to my flickr page. fuck it, over and out.

5204496806_b966f334f9.jpg

5203760223_1c44e04d56.jpg

Ah La La .. keep putting your photos up here. I've given up on Flickr ... and won't remember to go there and look. It's really interesting seeing what you are doing over there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back