Rain (3 Viewers)

Had quite a bit of good lightning here, but I've never had a particularly good vantage point to watch it. And it was all sheety and not forky.

My shoes are still wet after getting caught in a crazy downpour yesterday

I've had to put the heater on in the shed/office, for the first time on months

Oh, but at least it's not 26 degrees and sunny and wonderful, eh?

There's a good chance that this endless torrential rain will cause my septic tanks to back up again. If that happens I will track down everyone who moaned about the heatwave and throw bags of shite at their houses.

There's a good chance that this endless torrential rain will cause my septic tanks to back up again. If that happens I will track down everyone who moaned about the heatwave and throw bags of shite at their houses.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Is it ever not raining in Clondalkin, Tallaght or to the left of Dun Laoghaire? Or along the north bit of the M50? I've been monitoring the met.ie rainfall radar for a while and I can confirm that it is always raining there.

Screenshot_20210922-173124-01.jpeg

Is it ever not raining in Clondalkin, Tallaght or to the left of Dun Laoghaire? Or along the north bit of the M50? I've been monitoring the met.ie rainfall radar for a while and I can confirm that it is always raining there.

View attachment 15177
Update, its still raining in Clondalkin/Tallaght

It'd be a great country if they put a roof over it.

Or, as my friend who lives in Australia said; He was explaining that having a porch keeps the sunlight off the walls, thereby making the inside of the house cooler. That's why Australian houses have porches. I said "Why don't we do that in Ireland, since it's always raining?"
He said, reverting back to his home accent "Shur you can't be having porches in Ireland, people would be looking at you. Sittin on the porch there and not a child in the house washed". He is correct.

I think the real reason is we're optimising for light. I'm sitting beside a south-facing window one week out from the longest day of the year, and if I was reading a book I'd need to put the light on. Don't want no porch blocking out the little bit of light that manages to make it through the mile-thick layer of cloud

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back