Radiohead - OK Computer (1997) (2 Viewers)

I'm amazed the likes of the nme, melody maker ect... liked this album. I'm mean none of Radiohead are indie pin ups, (like the strokes) and its very prog rock...and they're upper middle class. They must have been conflicted.

I'm amazed the likes of the nme, melody maker ect... liked this album. I'm mean none of Radiohead are indie pin ups, (like the strokes) and its very prog rock...and they're upper middle class. They must have been conflicted.
but this was about 3 years before the Strokes?

and the Strokes come from the richest families in existence! They made Radiohead seem like paupers

Yeah that's true

but they wouldn't have existed if they were English

alternatively: they seemed to like Elastica, more poshos making poppy post punk

True, true.

I dunno, it's a good point. Radiohead were always a very internal band, lots of headphones and thinking. I know they had a bit of an image with Johnny's fringe and that but it was more about the sounnnnds man...

I mean, they promoted Blur as well and they were all posh lads (except Dave, poor Dave).

I’ve had this album pretty much on repeat since it was posted here. It’s as good as its reputation. Not a bad song on here. 5/5. Love rediscovering albums I adored as a young Bernie like this.

actually I just googled recent setlists (something I never do usually). Looks great.
They seem to be mixing things up a whole lot. I am STOKED for this gig. Wish I'd been online more this week to massive it up. Currently drinking bucks fizz after my corn on the cob dinner.

So many tunes they could play that will blow my head off. Sit Down, Stand Up please.

It was great. Pissed off they didn't play Nude though. Lots of fun nonetheless

agreed, it was wonderful. Really excellent from start to end. Lovely atmosphere there too.

You do have to wonder how hard it is for them to keep Johnny Greenwood under control. It's fascinating to watch him in action.

they're mixing up the setlist from night to night. The one I checked yesterday had a good few different songs listed. It was kind of inevitable they'd play 'How to disappear completely' here too. They'd ended the previous set with There, There. I was a bit disappointed we didn't get that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back