Racism in Ireland (2 Viewers)

I think you're operating under the assumption that the racist bully would give a shit if everyone on the carriage was telling him to shut up. Na, he'd just start shouting his shit as loud as he could instead.

I think you're operating under the assumption that the racist bully would give a shit if everyone on the carriage was telling him to shut up. Na, he'd just start shouting his shit as loud as he could instead.

I'm fishing for solutions that are an alternative to keep the head down and let the youngfellas soak up the abuse in public till one of us gets off this thing mostly so coke nazi can do it all again tomorrow, or on his next transfer and then boast about it to his local circle jerk.

I think in this case you'd debate, not to win some university challenge style debating competiton which will be fairly marked by esteemed gentlement sitting at desk that is older than america , but more so that the bully in this scenario is moved from being one loud man in the mid carriage picking on three youngfellas to all of a sudden having three youngfellas and a couple of people in every direction he looks telling him he's full of shit. He's in the postition where he can bank of the whole carriage not intervening and that is the power dynamic he's trading on there - breaking that dynamic is key, how it is achieved is conditional to the moment.

I'm mostly saying there are ways to move this shit to being something that doesn't happen, and mostly that sitting there waiting for someone else to get fucked up is the least effective of them. I think the conversational intervention creating a gang around the victims is the one to go for, and a distant second would be to debate - i'd get to the far end of the train to debate though, that guy is using the door to trap them youngfellas for his tirade, if he's got enemies on both sides the odds fall out of his favour very quickly and he has the disadvantage of having to take questions from out of arms reach in both directions.

You should try this out sometime.

I have. It works.

Which part works? You've gone from I read on the internet to I've found this solution works in your experience.

Personally I'd access each situation differently and see what help I can be but still believe debating a racist is pointless in a situation like this. They're already worked up looking for trouble so either take the attention to yourself or remove the subject of the attack.

Which part works? You've gone from I read on the internet to I've found this solution works in your experience.

Personally I'd access each situation differently and see what help I can be but still believe debating a racist is pointless in a situation like this. They're already worked up looking for trouble so either take the attention to yourself or remove the subject of the attack.

Well which part were you referring to :p?

I'm saying I have intervened in confrontational stuff on public transport a few times, largely in terms of distraction and once or twice using the fact that I'm tallish male to change the power dynamics of a situation, and the situation changed from one group/person being intimidated or attacked while everyone stared holes into the ground to something else in each case. I'm saying non intervention is the least effective tool here and there are a number of options in each case.

The lads a raving alco . Mystery solved. Probably in the middle of a blackout. Doubt he remembers any of it.
It certainly dosent help matters now that he's all over the internet and the papers.That'll be a tough one to deal with. I would'nt say the outlook is too sunny currently

I hope he gets better

like the woman walking her dog in Central Park NYC who was filmed making false
allegations to the cops about a black man, Billy's not going escape from this.
in both cases whatever they were thinking they brought this on themselves.
very sad state of affairs.

Talking about the George Floyd case yesterday in work and one of the younger staff said Floyd deserved what he got because of his criminal record. He's 28.

When I was an extra on Vikings, one day a bunch of lads found out that this one strange lad was actually a flat Earther. One of them then found his youtube channel, containing videos of him explaining why the Earth is flat and also a video in which he just discovered he is left-handed at the age of twenty something, and of course a video explaining how he is going to the next MMA heavyweight champion.
Naturally the lads spread this around and took the piss out of this all day, until he snapped and attacked one of them, thereby getting himself fired.

PS The videos were fucking amazing

When I was an extra on Vikings, one day a bunch of lads found out that this one strange lad was actually a flat Earther. One of them then found his youtube channel, containing videos of him explaining why the Earth is flat and also a video in which he just discovered he is left-handed at the age of twenty something, and of course a video explaining how he is going to the next MMA heavyweight champion.
Naturally the lads spread this around and took the piss out of this all day, until he snapped and attacked one of them, thereby getting himself fired.

PS The videos were fucking amazing

Was this fella from Blackrock direction? Think I remember watching vids that fit this description.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back