Racism in Ireland (4 Viewers)

Yeah, cue every da in Ireland going, "He has a point," and suddenly showing an interest in the intricacies of the tax code.

It's like, Dad, weren't you the one trying to get onboard a get-rich-quick cryptocurrency scam only two years ago?

RTE 2019:

After Mr Kenny, according to the analysis, came Independent TD for Galway West, Noel Grealish. Between March 2016 and July 2019, he was recorded as being present on 66 days in which he missed all votes.

Mr Grealish signed in for 145 voting days during this period, meaning he missed the full day's votes 46% of the time.

From March 2016 to the end of 2018, the Galway West TD received more than €87,000 in TAA expenses.

Basically second only to the healy rays and Enda kenny for no-show politics while claiming the highest expenses.

A man swinging in the dark trying to use anger to take the attention off him not doing his job.

This materialized wayyy too soon.
Independent columnists are already getting on board

Too many (black) people on the planet "by any rational standard":

give it a few weeks and Brendan O'Connor will have a "common-sense" version of this call for ethnic cleansing that is palatable to my parents.

Absolutely barmy
why haven't the Greens made population control a central plank of their message?
Presumably the green party should control the population of east Africa. Of course you could exponentially increase the food supply if you got rid of livestock and used that land for more efficient crops but the West wouldn't hear of that. Instead he wants to blame the Third World for the earth's crises, even though the developed and developing worlds are almost solely responsible for climate change.

This is the way to answer questions like Grealish's
Just calling him racist doesn't work

All RTE had on to reply was "sure my grandad's brother sent money home from America"
A bunch of emotive nonsense

And you can’t fight emotive nonsense with more emotive nonsense.
People who think “wait, that does sound like a lot of money actually” aren’t going to stop thinking that if we all just call Grealish a racist and yell at him.

It gives succour to the hard right’s argument that anyone that has questions about immigration is a racist. It drives more people into Gemma Doherty’s arms.

The media should have the conversation, and the rational side will win the argument.

Name-calling is their turf.

He is a race-baiting fucker though.

In a week where we're talking about public service broadcasting, RTE should be on the ball better than just echoing what's being yelled on Twitter. That yelling is already happening.
My reaction was mostly to The Late Debate last night and Morning Ireland this morning. But, like I said, in fairness they did come back with the figures today somewhat.

The response to "There are $6billion in remittances going to a single country” should not be “Remittances are fine, your granny did it, and you are a racist”
Because it sounds like his figure is correct, but no one wants to admit it.

“Your figures are baloney, the real figure is $X and in line with international norms for a population this size. And you’re some sneaky fuck, using bogus figures to scaremonger.”

I just wasn’t hearing that anywhere yesterday or last night.

I think we’re mostly saying the same thing.

Of course you could exponentially increase the food supply if you got rid of livestock and used that land for more efficient crops
Whoa there. Obvs I agree with you politically, but the above isn't necessarily true. It's very to say 'grow plants', but ... well, for example all the farming around my house is livestock. It's just not possible to grow plant-based food with the soil/microclimate in my area in any kind of scalable way - and I know because we've tried it. We grow a shitload of vegetables, and the only way it can be done is with raised beds and importing compost (we buy 3 tonnes a year). It's labour-intensive, and probably costs more than we save even without factoring in the time spent

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back