Quotes from your parents (1 Viewer)

I'd be as likely to get a review of the people she saw in the lobby or whatever she saw some young people do on the way.
She could wax lyrical about some Spanish lass just eating peaches out of a can while sitting on a bench, make it sound like she had the meaning of life in those peaches.
She loves seeing young people happy. It makes her damn day. She was a social worker before she retired.

My mum is away visiting my pregnant sister so yesterday at 10AM I got a call from my dad, complaining that he wasn't well. I took him to the out of hours GP and then to A&E, thankfully there's nothing major wrong but he was given a prescription for a couple things and a stern warning to stop pricking about with infrequently taking his blood pressure meds. Spoke to him this morning and it basically went,

"Did you take your pills today?"

"Yes! Well, I didn't take one of the 3 a day yokes, I took one last night."

fucksake.

My Mother came up on the train on Sunday. The train was packed. Me "Did nobody offer you a seat, that's disgraceful!"
Her "I leaned on my suitcase, but there was an elderly woman, in her early 60's, standing beside me and I really think someone should have given her a seat"
Me "But.... eh"
My mother forgets that she is 70 next birthday and, in fact, "elderly". She's in good company as both her mother and her mother-in-law (my two Grannies) did the same thing.

Rang home a few weeks back and my mam was saying "It's a disgrace, someone's after stealing the sign for our estate. I bet it was itinerants, they steal any bit of metal that's going"

Rang back a week later.
My mam: "The sign's back. Turns out the council was painting it."

Went to the Hacienda last night, if you don't know it's a pub where you have to buzz to get in and the owner comes to the door and has a little chat with you before deciding you can come in, and this morning I was talking to my folks about it.

My mother: "Is it a gay bar? You have to buzz to get into those places."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back