Qujaku (Japanese heavy psych) + The Contact High (UK/krautrock/post-punk) (1 Viewer)

Qujaku (Japanese heavy psych) + The Contact High (UK/krautrock/post-punk)
Posted by Vinnie
The Sound House
Wednesday, July 31, 2019 - 08:00 PM
Until: Wednesday, July 31, 2019 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Vinnie

Supporter
Since 2000
Website
www.thejimmycake.org
Enthusiastic Eunuch presents

Qujaku (Japan)
The Contact High (UK)
The Sound House
Weds 31st July
Doors 8pm
Tickets €15 via Billetto.ie

Formed in 2013, QUJAKU are a Japanese heavy psychedelic rock band based in Shizuoka. Their dark and heavy psychedelia filled with rich distortion and feedback creates a unique decadent ambience which is beyond comparison. The apocalyptic sound fuels your hidden urge to release yourself from everyday surroundings, and you find there is not only a brutality but also an ephemeral beauty behind it. The delicate yet strong voice, destructive guitar with feedback, repetitive rhythmic percussion, and deep and bellowing bass build the Qujaku's unique sound and atmosphere which preoccupy your mind once you experience it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiwrHneguwY

Since their debut UK & EU tour in 2015 and another tour in the following year with two festival appearances at Focus Wales and Raw Power,they have been developing the experimental approach to their sound while establishing firm melody lines. With an upcoming UK & EU tour and also 1st full-length album release in August, qujaku is set for further evolution in their career.

The Contact High
"Elements of krautrock mix and match with errant psychedelia and driving post-punk that makes their instrumental aural assault insatiable as a result" Drowned In Sound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHs1wI6hG3c

If anyone knows where I can get a copy of the lp please let me know. ( not the one on discogs for 45 euro from america)

If anyone knows where I can get a copy of the lp please let me know. ( not the one on discogs for 45 euro from america)
I was at there and asked the merch man about this and he told me to email them directly or via their website contact form and they'll see what they can do.

A woman plonked her bag on the table I was at then stood with her back to it to watch the band and chat with mates. I spent most of the show keeping an eye on it in case someone had a go at taking it for walkies. If you ever see this, you're welcome, but do mind your stuff or ask to put it behind the bar because the city is full of degenerates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back