Queen - Queen II (1974) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 34
  • Views 5K
  • Watchers 3
This was very unexpected. We had an old C90 tape at home when I was growing up with 'A Day at the Races' on one side, 'Night at the Opera' on the other. Until 1986, when I got 'A Kind Of Magic', on tape, they were my only exposure to Queen albums. And though they were only a couple of years after this, they couldn't be more different.

If I heard some of these songs without knowing who I was listening to, I wouldn't guess in a million years that it's queen. 'The Loser In the End', for example. Thats yer man Roger Taylor on lead vocals? Good job. I was thinking Freddie wasn't sounding terribly like Freddie so had to look it up.

Brian May is the main reason why I could never bring myself to like Queen more. He has the personality of a cardboard-cutout of himself. The total opposite to the theatric extravagance of Freddie.

Suppose some of it is typical enough Queen (Ogre Battle), but there's nothing that's standout catchy. I enjoyed my first few listens but couldn't really remember much about it after.

Must make a point to listen to more Queen, Brian May or not.

4/5

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back