put your synths through your pedals properly. (1 Viewer)

theoootini

Website
www.soundcloud.com
have been annoyed for ages with how shit synth stuff sounded going straight into pedals.

found this cheap and cheerful reamp solution.

http://www.diyrecordingequipment.com/4085/how-to-build-diy-reamp/

awesome bit of kit. industrious types could just grab the transformer and hook this up with some jacks that are lying around. can't believe what a difference this little box makes to the sound.

Wow, interesting device! Thanks for sharing. Have always ran synths and stuff through pedals but most of the time I just made sure not to turn the volume on the synth up too high. Interested to hear how different it sounds.

So say you had something recorded you could run that track out through one of your outputs one your interface, and through whatever effect you wanted to use? And then back in via micing your amp or di?

had some success with this recently using

interface - ART preamp - amplifier.

havent had time to listen or look closely, but sound definitely came out of it.

oops posted this in the wrong forum. mod/pete - move it to hope recording please?

Unicron: yeah that's it exactly - a reamp box, but without the level control (this can be added in very simply though).

had always read about reamping and level mismatch on pedals and line level sources but paid it no heed. can't believe the difference in tone running stuff through this box. it's incredible. had almost given up on pedals and was going to get rid of a lot of them. you need to boost the signal back into the soundcard obviously, initially i was adding back the gain that the reamp box was taking away but you really only need to boost by 10db to get a good level on the way back in.

this is the active ingedient and the only thing you need really: http://www.edcorusa.com/p/868/com14

planning to buy some more of the transformers and build a 4 in/out box.

You can see it has a bolt on it, I'm sure it's as sturdy as a normal knob/switch.

I promise to look after it really well if you get it for me.....

oh yeah i just see that now. seems they have actually designed it so that you cant actually put it inside an enclosure. makes me think its a transformer for hipsters.

American-Idol-10-7-Drew-Beaumier-San-Fran.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back