Pussy Riot and Brendan O'Connor - BFF's 4eva? (1 Viewer)

I get the impression that something happened behind the scenes that impacted greatly on the interview. The mood was weird from the get-go. The questions were just so bad, patronising and completely irrelevant, that it sounded like he made them up on the spot, having disgarded a bunch of more appropriate ones. Brendan O'Connor isn't actually that bad.

It was quite weird all right. Weird above and beyond the stilted nature of it because of the translator. O'Connor is a cock all right, there's no doubt about that (addressing them as "Girls"!), but I don't think they covered themselves in glory either. All his questions were pretty bland, stock stuff that they could easily have used as jumping off points to talk about whatever they wanted. Instead they just seemed to be bored and disinterested. I was hoping Nadja (sp?) would get up off the couch and go over and punch him. That would have livened things up a bit.

That was so cringing, I could nearly watch it.
Did it count as a walk off at the end?

I thought it was alright he did ask them relevant qeustions like about prison life one of them was in a prison with forced labour ,clothes manufactuering i think.
And he had the guy on first discuusing Russia in general like the social changes scince the disolution of the USSR the return of religion, rise of private buisness.
Anyway i was suprised how really serious they are politcaly.

Last edited:
And he had the guy on first discuusing Russia in general like the social changes scince the disolution of the USSR the return of religion, rise of private buisness.

I thought that bit was farcical. They brought him in to translate during the interview and he had a massive row with them backstage. Yet they still brought him out to talk to him. They should have sent him packing.

I presume they argued with the translator because of their different positions on the political compass.

O'Connor is fairly limited as an interviewer but I don't think he was that bad. The girls came across as too cool for school ie. h*******

He mentioned "don't have a domestic". Some people have interpreted this as "BRENDAN O'CONNOR MAKING A DOMESTIC VIOLENCE JOKE" and gone off the rails with their self-righteous mouth foam.

I thought that bit was farcical. They brought him in to translate during the interview and he had a massive row with them backstage. Yet they still brought him out to talk to him. They should have sent him packing.

I'm watching this now. What the fuck do they need Gurdgiev there for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back