Punk singer in airport security alert (1 Viewer)

"Why 'you wearing a life preserver boy?"

marty-mcfly.jpg

I've never had a BB but I'd imagine you could say why do Punks wear combat trousers, I'd go along the lines of it's taking the piss out of war, reverse psychology.

see thats what i was curious about in my sarcastic questions round, where is army surplus actually sourced from? i cant imagine governments just giving it away in bulk, though i could be way wrong, if they don't just hand it out then it would probably mean the suppliers are buying it from the army or from the manufacturers, therefore funding them, which really fucks with the reverse psychology element of it.

the other option would be that vivian westwoods design embodies the ethic of punk so well that theres no point in changing it, and punk bands should dressing like people from sex and the city.

i dunno. these things bother me sometimes.

punks wear bullet belts annd combats cos they look good!

twas a mad moment in the airport I tell ya! two armed police in flak jackets coming over to the less than terrorist looking Aoife because of a fuckin belt! We have all had things taken off us at some stage at security, but when they take your passsport, boarding card and call the swat team because of a fuckin belt buckle its a bit much! In fairness to aiport pig #2, he looked like he was going to fuck the belt at security as it was patently obvious that it was a fashion thing! Said that in normal circumstances these days they would have arrested her, charged her and had her in court the same day without even dicussing the matter.

deko could be arrested for having an ofefnsive mouth tho

english cops are a fucking joke,last time i flew into gatwick i got pulled by the first cop i met for having a beard,first question was my name followed quickly by what religion was i and was i intending to travel anywhere.i should have let on i was some ira-al queda super terrorist.knob jockeys.

english cops are a fucking joke,last time i flew into gatwick i got pulled by the first cop i met for having a beard,first question was my name followed quickly by what religion was i and was i intending to travel anywhere.i should have let on i was some ira-al queda super terrorist.knob jockeys.

I had a swift mental/aural image there of "Allah Akbar!" in a Belfast accent, with a similar intonation as 'Tiochaigh ár Lá!'

'Al-la Ahhk-barr!'

It has something to do with Post-Modernity I'm sure, whether the punks know it or not. Then again everything has something to do with Post-Modernity, the little bollix.

by the way, repped you for that list... :)g'faw!!

so what does the bullet belt actually symbolize with punks??

my theories are:

1. previously having liked 80's rock, not having bought clothes since.
2. like to offer solidarity and financial support for the industro/military complex thing
3. like shooting
4. americans do it
5. trousers don't fit, bailing twine not viable in punk scene
6. it was on some album
7. hand me downs (if you dad is rambo or rob halford)
8. often meet veterans for pints, like to make them feel awkward.

Originally Posted by paranoid vision

deko could be arrested for knowing an offensive Gazzer tho

:eek:.No need for that PA.:)

I think there is a need sir!

see thats what i was curious about in my sarcastic questions round, where is army surplus actually sourced from? i cant imagine governments just giving it away in bulk, though i could be way wrong, if they don't just hand it out then it would probably mean the suppliers are buying it from the army or from the manufacturers, therefore funding them, which really fucks with the reverse psychology element of it.

the other option would be that vivian westwoods design embodies the ethic of punk so well that theres no point in changing it, and punk bands should dressing like people from sex and the city.

i dunno. these things bother me sometimes.
None of my combats have ever been sourced from an alpha bargains etc , they smell and are too narrow at the bottoms!
Ps my mother worked for viv west...

my theories are:
7. hand me downs (if you dad is rambo or rob halford)

that is an very unlikely theory...

You love the ould gay jokes andy, don't you?

I seem to remember some sort of "hilarious" quip on Collective about somebody driving to Hellfest having a "Sore Arse" after seeing Limpwrist the night before.

Are you actually 12 years old like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back