Punctuality (1 Viewer)

If i make an arrangement with someone (other than my employer) for a certain time then I'll generally be there on time and let them know if I'm going to be late. It annoys me when others don't do the same.

Another thing that drives me mad is people (ok, ladies*) faffing about with coats and bags and shit when you've met them or are already with then having decided go somewhere. Just come on, ffs. Oh, Not the hair brush? Grooooan...

*skedaddles

If there's a group of people meeting in a pub or at a gig or cinema or something, why should you have to show up at a particular time?

Just tell them that you're taking care of a few things and you'll see them there.

Why would anyone care what time you make it there?

Like it would bother me a bit if you showed up after the film had started, but only cos I hate anyone disturbing my film.

I take a kind of perverse joy in holding seats for friends in busy pubs or cinemas
"Nope, you can't sit there. Someone's coming for that seat"
And they quietly fume.

Your friends are your friends. Holding them to standards of etiquette, seems ridiculous.

If it's a one on one thing that's different. But even so, how bad is it that someone has to wait with a seat at the bar and a smart phone.
Entertain yourself.

If it's a one on one thing that's different. But even so, how bad is it that someone has to wait with a seat at the bar and a smart phone.
Entertain yourself.

I'm thinking of the (smart phone free) times I left the comfort of a warm pub to stand outside in the cold as I waited...and waited..and waited for the lift that was promised

In Ireland? You might has well wear a t-shirt that says ' I AM A LOSER ' on it

kinda the same way you wouldn't go to the cinema on your own in Ireland

I went to the cinema every Saturday morning on my own in Ireland. And frequently the pub, at all hours.

I am a loser though. So, you may have a point.

Arriving early to someone's home is poor form I reckon. The in-laws arrived ONE HOUR early at my parents house once for a 2-family meetup. My poor Ma was in the shower.

Now that is not cricket.

I used to be in a band with someone who was habitually late. Eventually we'd just tell them we were leaving or meeting an hour earlier than we actually were. That halved our waiting time, so minor success.

I hate other people making me late.

I hate that most of all too. I'm pretty much early for everything, which is why I carry a book everywhere...

I don't mind too much others being late, as long as they tell me in plenty of time. Receiving a "just leaving now" text 5 mins before the appointment time drives me bats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back