Punctuality (1 Viewer)

hm. I'd suggest that's not really a punctuality thing. 45m and flaking out twice is on a different order.

my girlfiend is fucking useless with punctuality. always, ALWAYS 10-25 minutes late. should i dump her?

I've learned that when my other half says "I'll meet you in an hour , I'm just leaving the house"

she really means "I might leave the house within the hour and I'll see you later at some undetermined time but you wait where you are"

You know, being on time but then just hanging out, not making a contribution. Being on time, and JUST being on time, is a bit like being an internet grammar nazi....what's the point?

Is it not just a respect type thing though? if you've agreed via contract or verbally to be somewhere with a group of people, then you show up because you've agreed, rather than you have a lot to do when you get there?

I've learned that when my other half says "I'll meet you in an hour , I'm just leaving the house"

she really means "I might leave the house within the hour and I'll see you later at some undetermined time but you wait where you are"

mine likes to leave me sitting waiting on the steps outside his office like a vagrant

it would probably help if i looked less like a vagrant though

i recently fell out with someone over their shitty time keeping/flaky behaviour. not once but twice he asked me to go to a gig then didn't show up. most of the time he'd show up at least 45 minutes late for when we were supposed to meet. unacceptable.
same here. The same fucker was continuously late so I sought to teach him a lesson. Whenever it was a case of 'meet at my gaff, I'm driving', when a group of us were heading somewhere, I'd give about 5/10 mins leeway then bail, without whoever hadn't turned up. Yer man gave me a bollocking for leaving without him. Like, it was MY fucking fault because I didn't wait for his tardy ass.

We kissed and made up since and hes less tardy these days but I put that down to the manners taught him by his Swiss other half, than by me.

I also can't stand being somewhere on time only to be left WAITING for other people. So this fucking shittiness becomes contagious. You arrive late because you know that everyone else will be late. It's stupid and I hate it.

people might assume you're begging and give you money though?

so its kind of a win-win situation really.
there was a bit in a book or a zine or something where a guy kindly threw some change into a sad-looking girl's change cup only to be shouted at for having thrown money into her coffee, she was just some randomer who had sat down for a quiet read

I also can't stand being somewhere on time only to be left WAITING for other people. So this fucking shittiness becomes contagious. You arrive late because you know that everyone else will be late. It's stupid and I hate it.

Not only is it contagious but you're frustrated as don't know what's taking the cunt ages

wer wer

Punctuality is a daily struggle for me. I'm on time 85% of the time .I kind of resent having to be on time for things, I'm not sure where that comes from. It's a bit disrepectful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back