Public Service Announcement Covid-19 and travel plans (1 Viewer)

Squiggle

Born-again non-smoker
Supporter
Website
www.myspace.com
Please feel free to share far and wide.

Cancelled or disrupted flights or travel packages
If your flight departed, or was due to depart, from an EU airport or you were flying to the EU from a non-EU country on an EU carrier you have rights and entitlements under EC261/2004.

The Commission for Aviation Regulation is the national enforcement body for EC261 for eligible flights departing from the Republic of Ireland or entering the Republic of Ireland from a non-EU country. If your flight relates to departure from another EU country please see this list

Full list of National Enforcement Bodies for EC 261 https://ec.europa.eu/transport/sites/transport/files/2004_261_national_enforcement_bodies.pdf

The following links contain important information and advice:
Air Passenger rights under EU Regulations www.flightrights.ie
Covid-19 related guidance https://www.flightrights.ie/news/covid-19-related-advice-%e2%80%93-guidance-on-regulation-ec2612004.1042.html
Flight cancellations advisory note https://www.flightrights.ie/news/guidance-note-on-airline-flight-cancellations-%e2%80%93-regulation-eu-2612004.1043.html

Travel Agency or Tour Operator Collapse keep an eye on the news feed of www.aviationreg.ie for the official notice and claim forms. Travel Trade Licensing are the relevant team within the Commission for Aviation Regulation.

General consumer queries www.ccpc.ie

This is nuts to me

Aer Lingus are still running sold out flights between the US and Ireland
Or so their seat availability indicate
View attachment 13750
Aer Lingus are continuing to operate flights... we're not sure who, if anyone, is actually travelling on them. At present being justified on the basis that there are US nationals in EU and EU Nationals in US who need to be repatriated before they get deported.

Edit: It is also unclear how much longer they will continue to do so.

Aer Lingus are continuing to operate flights... we're not sure who, if anyone, is actually travelling on them. At present being justified on the basis that there are US nationals in EU and EU Nationals in US who need to be repatriated before they get deported.

Edit: It is also unclear how much longer they will continue to do so.

They will mark non-flights as 'Sold Out' - it's what they do on Christmas Day, but just surprised they're taking bookings for this week.

It's shit like this we need a national airline though - with majority control by the govt
The fuckers are gonna come looking for a handout either way after something like this

They will mark non-flights as 'Sold Out' - it's what they do on Christmas Day, but just surprised they're taking bookings for this week.

It's shit like this we need a national airline though - with majority control by the govt
The fuckers are gonna come looking for a handout either way after something like this

Very few nationalised airlines (or even majority national stakeholder airlines) left in Europe and I would argue that its a bad thing for passengers. At the moment certain countries are lobbying the EU for a hold to be placed on rights under EC261, those countries also happen to be the major shareholders in certain airlines currently not providing passengers with their rights under the regulation.

According to a friend who works in ATC, flights are either empty, or repatriation flights.

I work peripherally to the airline industry and can tell you, things are far from normal there.

Very little normal anywhere... but I know what you mean. I work in the Commission for Aviation Regulation.

According to a friend who works in ATC, flights are either empty, or repatriation flights.

I work peripherally to the airline industry and can tell you, things are far from normal there.

Did you see on the news last night the report on all those people (backpackers I assume) who got back from Peru yesterday? I shouted at the TV when one of them hugged who I assumed to be her dad

@Squiggle maybe you can help here: a friend of mine from the US booked a Ryanair flight from Dublin to London for this week (he was meant to be visiting me this week :() which has been cancelled. They emailed him a little while ago to say that they would give him a refund and now they’re telling him they’ll give him a voucher. There’s no point in him taking a voucher as he won’t be in Europe to use it. There’s no number for him to call from the states - is there anything he can do?

@Squiggle maybe you can help here: a friend of mine from the US booked a Ryanair flight from Dublin to London for this week (he was meant to be visiting me this week :() which has been cancelled. They emailed him a little while ago to say that they would give him a refund and now they’re telling him they’ll give him a voucher. There’s no point in him taking a voucher as he won’t be in Europe to use it. There’s no number for him to call from the states - is there anything he can do?

He could possibly get this and scream into it

He needs to submit a complaint using the form on our website (flightrights.ie) and attach a copy of the booking confirmation and his correspondence with Ryanair to the complaint (electronically). Once we receive the complaint we will take it from there.

Today's quiz - which is the real bad guy?

Airline A - cancels all flights at the outset (meaning that passenger rights kick in and passengers have an entitlement to refund) before reallocating all their planes to freight use

Airline B - doesn't cancel flights (therefore passengers in lockdown and not permitted to travel have no refund entitlement) and instead posts pictures on social media of boxes strapped into the seats, paid for by passengers who won't get a cent back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back