PS4 (1 Viewer)

picked up Far Cry 4 second hand for €22. First time playing one of these.

All I want to do now is play Far Cry.
You know the bit at the start when yer man tells you to wait? You can do that, and he comes back after about 10 minutes, and brings you straight to the thing at the end of the game.

You know the bit at the start when yer man tells you to wait? You can do that, and he comes back after about 10 minutes, and brings you straight to the thing at the end of the game.
Then you would miss out on shooting honey badgers in the head with a bow and arrow.

I hated it for the first 90 minutes. Kept getting killed, couldn't see anyone and the cars sucked. Watched one 5 minute youtube video on how to stealth kill and it changed everything.

I thought I would feel band about hunting animals to make stuff, but I don't at all.

Then you would miss out on shooting honey badgers in the head with a bow and arrow.

I hated it for the first 90 minutes. Kept getting killed, couldn't see anyone and the cars sucked. Watched one 5 minute youtube video on how to stealth kill and it changed everything.

I thought I would feel band about hunting animals to make stuff, but I don't at all.

You can still play the game but you get to that particular narrative point quicker

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

what?

more killing

what. the. fuck.

I don't know Gone Home, but if you mean is there puzzles and stuff to solve, then no. You literally wander around and a story unfurls. You don't really interact with the environment save for opening the odd door or gate, and switching on the odd radio or answering machine (and one or two other game mechanics unique to this game). If I was to criticise it I'd say that the ending was a little weak (although that could be because myself and Miss Pants sat and played it obsessively for two nights and then didn't get to finish the last "act" til a week later, and that turned out to only be 5 minutes of play) For the time it lasted (maybe about 6hrs?) we were absolutely entranced. If you've got 15 quid to punt at something pretty unique then give it a go. I know we'll be talking/telling people about it for ages to some. Be warned: Call Of Duty it ain't. And it's no Grim Fandango.

i've been playing this for AGES now and i think i must have done stuff wayyy out of order because i can't trigger certain scenes so i'm doing a huge amount of backtracking and trying to find stuff I missed, and the weird thing is I don't mind. it's all very relaxing - actually soporific, really - and incredibly well made. finally made some progress over the last couple of days but got stuck in
the bunker and nothing happens after the fox stuff, and I can't get out
so it's quit the game and moar backtracking and try again and quit again and try again and yay.

i've been playing this for AGES now and i think i must have done stuff wayyy out of order because i can't trigger certain scenes so i'm doing a huge amount of backtracking and trying to find stuff I missed, and the weird thing is I don't mind. it's all very relaxing - actually soporific, really - and incredibly well made. finally made some progress over the last couple of days but got stuck in
the bunker and nothing happens after the fox stuff, and I can't get out
so it's quit the game and moar backtracking and try again and quit again and try again and yay.

Myself and Mrs. Pants are completists to a fault, so I hadn't even realised there could possibly be events blocked. It takes us so long to finish *anything* because we're searching out for every single thing. And as regards relaxing walking simulators, I hope you've played Firewatch. Perhaps in the context of this original quote it had already been mentioned.

what. the. fuck.

again - WHAT THE FUCK.

more killing

Wife went to bed early last night, so I thought I'd turn this thing on again.

I bought Uncharted 4 last year, that's a 4 month break I've had from it. I dunno, it's boring as hell. Jumping bit, followed by action bit, followed by jumping bit. I don't get much of a buzz from the action bits either, it seems like you are supposed to stealth your way through them, but I'm struggling at that so I feel like a dork and get no pleasure from having to shoot lads.

Maybe just go back to GTA is the solution.

Wife went to bed early last night, so I thought I'd turn this thing on again.

I bought Uncharted 4 last year, that's a 4 month break I've had from it. I dunno, it's boring as hell. Jumping bit, followed by action bit, followed by jumping bit. I don't get much of a buzz from the action bits either, it seems like you are supposed to stealth your way through them, but I'm struggling at that so I feel like a dork and get no pleasure from having to shoot lads.

Maybe just go back to GTA is the solution.
Get COD Warzone.

I tried buying something from the store for the first time ever, but it kept saying my paypal login details were wrong. They weren't. Is this a thing?

It's only because the wife was asleep and i was hyped up from a big mug of coffee. The game buying momentum has probably passed.

I tried buying something from the store for the first time ever, but it kept saying my paypal login details were wrong. They weren't. Is this a thing?

It's only because the wife was asleep and i was hyped up from a big mug of coffee. The game buying momentum has probably passed.
I used to have awful trouble with PayPal credentials, but not on PS4.... but I just use my CC on there anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back