PS4 (3 Viewers)

Is it good? Is it like Gone Home?

I don't know Gone Home, but if you mean is there puzzles and stuff to solve, then no. You literally wander around and a story unfurls. You don't really interact with the environment save for opening the odd door or gate, and switching on the odd radio or answering machine (and one or two other game mechanics unique to this game). If I was to criticise it I'd say that the ending was a little weak (although that could be because myself and Miss Pants sat and played it obsessively for two nights and then didn't get to finish the last "act" til a week later, and that turned out to only be 5 minutes of play) For the time it lasted (maybe about 6hrs?) we were absolutely entranced. If you've got 15 quid to punt at something pretty unique then give it a go. I know we'll be talking/telling people about it for ages to some. Be warned: Call Of Duty it ain't. And it's no Grim Fandango.

Have any of youse played Everybody's Gone To The Rapture. Absolutely beautiful "game". Note the quotes. More of an interactive story really, but really really atmospheric and beautifully designed/rendered. The music is amazing too.

The doctor wasn’t being negative, just honest. When I told him how tired I was he said that I wasn’t tired; that people with my disease experience what the medical profession call a “tsunami of fatigue.” I cried with relief, finally realizing that I wasn’t going mad, that it wasn’t me just not trying hard enough. I pushed myself to the edge of a precipice on Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture- I thought if I kept running then I could always keep the disease just out of reach. I was so wrong. In June I got very ill. I was in LA working on the final mix of the game and I got so poorly that I genuinely thought I was going to be brought home in a coffin.
Why I’m (sort of) leaving The Chinese Room

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Anyone played Firewatch? Bit of a slow burner. Heh? Yeah? Anyone?

But it's lovely. It's odd and beautiful and perfect for when you're stoned. A little linear, like you're watching a film rather than directing it, but it's interesting to go through a game (so far) without having to shoot anyone.

Sony will be enabling ps4 remote play game streaming to PCs (and something called a "Mac") later this month.

playstation VR is out in october, "only" €400

Anyone played Firewatch? Bit of a slow burner. Heh? Yeah? Anyone?

But it's lovely. It's odd and beautiful and perfect for when you're stoned. A little linear, like you're watching a film rather than directing it, but it's interesting to go through a game (so far) without having to shoot anyone.

Firwatch is great up until the point of a weak ending. I realised weeks later how much it got to me when a few weeks later I saw a beautiful screenshot and got a pang of what can only be described as "nostalgia" for the ol' watchtower! Great voice acting from the two leads too.

Have you played "everybody's gone to the rapture"? Similar buzz. Wander beautiful locations and have a story revealed to you. No " puzzles" or "action" involved. Similarly weak ending though still worth it for something pretty unique.

playstation VR is out in october, "only" €400

I cannot tell a lie. I'm 100% getting this.
Ms. Pissypants bought herself a PS4 so hey, this is basically the price of me having bought a PS4 myself!

I'd much rather get a VIVE - but €900? Fuck that.
Yeah, my thinking is that having gotten Google Cardboard I can see the potential that even low quality VR has. To do Occulous you're going to have to pay for the headset and a top flight PC to run it. At least with PS4 being such a huge platform and developers like Crytek already developing titles you're likely to get consideral bang for your "low" price of 400.

Firwatch is great up until the point of a weak ending. I realised weeks later how much it got to me when a few weeks later I saw a beautiful screenshot and got a pang of what can only be described as "nostalgia" for the ol' watchtower! Great voice acting from the two leads too.

Have you played "everybody's gone to the rapture"? Similar buzz. Wander beautiful locations and have a story revealed to you. No " puzzles" or "action" involved. Similarly weak ending though still worth it for something pretty unique.
YOu don't quite "play" firewatch, but there's something about it. It looks lovely. It drags you in. But I agree about the end. That said, decent use of 20 lids. I'm going to give EGTTR next I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back