Prostitution Poll (1 Viewer)

Where do you stand on prostitution?

• Total voters
I blame my dyslexia.

don't you mean dylsexia?

also, i dont know where else to post this, but here seems good enough.

249270409_664e6841fa.jpg

I havent read the thread but surely who ever posted the poll should have fucking voted.

Shittest Poll Ever.

I havent read the thread but surely who ever posted the poll should have fucking voted.

Shittest Poll Ever.

if you read the thread you'd have seen me say that it crashed while posting the thread and the poll part got lost. One of the admins/alpha males must have stuck it up after. I've voted now.

fyi maims bond, you can add a poll to any of your threads at any time by opening the thread, clicking on thread tools and selecting the appropriate link from the drop down menu.

Thumped has been acting a bit weird lately.Freezing up and not refreshing and that.

Right, I voted immoral although I don't see any problem between two (or more) consenting adults having such a transaction. The trouble in the real world is that there's sex trafficing and violence, which I'm dead against

I don't think the issue is completely black and white, but I do believe that exploitation is immoral and in most cases prostitution (whether professional or amateur) involves exploitation of one party to the 'transaction'.

Where's the "I wouldn't go to one myself but if someone chooses of their own free will to visit a woman who has chosen out of her own free will to become a prostitiute then that's alright by me" option?

Where's the "I wouldn't go to one myself but if someone chooses of their own free will to visit a woman who has chosen out of her own free will to become a prostitiute then that's alright by me" option?

yeah, that's what I would have voted for.

I think there's nothing wrong with it in theory, its just that in practice these days it involves often massive exploitation, human trafficking etc.

If only the world worked 'in theory'.

(Also a mate of mine went to one while pissed on a football weekend with the lads in Brussels, and said it was the un-sexiest thing he ever did.)

I wish to fuck I could have penned the poll because it's not how i would have framed it.

Anyway, people seem to be confusing exploitation/drug addiction with the moral question of prostitution. If someone is being exploited: that's a crime. If someone is an addict, they need professional health services. If someone, compos mentis, sells their body for sex and is not in an exploitative situation: is that immoral? I would argue it's not, based on personal liberty and other such principles.

I understand that the reality is that most people do it to buy drugs or are forced/trafficked to do it. However, this is a separate issue from the morality of prostitution.

I wish to fuck I could have penned the poll because it's not how i would have framed it.

Anyway, people seem to be confusing exploitation/drug addiction with the moral question of prostitution. If someone is being exploited: that's a crime. If someone is an addict, they need professional health services. If someone, compos mentis, sells their body for sex and is not in an exploitative situation: is that immoral? I would argue it's not, based on personal liberty and other such principles.

I understand that the reality is that most people do it to buy drugs or are forced/trafficked to do it. However, this is a separate issue from the morality of prostitution.

This is pretty much what I was gonna post. Violence and trafficking and exploitations are already crimes, so there's no reason to criminalise something considered 'immoral' (which I'm inclined just to say that, I dunno, I don't think a single set of moral standards has ever been useful or productive or even successful and certainly shouldn't necessarily be synonymous with law) because it also can be associated with illegal behaviour.

We don't actually know how many people are trafficked or forced into it, and as I think is pretty obvious to everyone, it's not clear how to even define what it means to be 'forced'. There are also women who do it on an occasional basis: a few clients (usually people they know) before Christmas, to buy the school uniforms or the communion outfits, etc. They wouldn't necessarily think of themselves as prostitutes, even though they might not necessarily be psyched about it.

There's also such a huge range of people incorporating it into their lives in so many different ways. Most people would not identify as 'prostitutes' because the prostitution is a means to an end.

You also get people who will work from their mobiles, and who only go with clients they know, and have often become friends or at least friendly with, and sometimes it's experienced (by these people) as a kind of benevolent transaction, where the woman needs money, the man needs some service, and it is actually not as devoid of the emotional attachment we often assume it to be. So it's actually not that far off just someone buying shit for their 'friend with benefits'. Only for a certain category of women, especially addicts, it is classed as prostitution, when if he gave her the drugs directly it would just be a booty call.

I dunno am I making sense. Sorry.

I'm seriously not denying the existence of male sex workers, I just don't know anything about the way that side of it works. I only really know about women, and even then I don't know much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back