Problems with posts disappearing? (1 Viewer)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
Some people have reported problems with the first handful of posts in a thread occasionally disappearing as if by magic. I've disabled some stuff, so can you let me know if it's still happening?

ta

I can't see any posts today. I can get to the forum page where the threads are listed, but if I look at any thread it hangs with 'waiting for platform.twitter.com'.

though I got into this thread somehow

so the problem didn't really go away. How I work around it is to click on the link to the thread. Wait a few seconds and let it hang. Then click 'stop loading'. Click the back arrow, then the forward arrow. This seems to not prompt another attempt to connect to platform.twitter.com. Happy days.

you could always try adding platform.twitter.com to your hosts file with a 127.0.0.1 IP address

yes, not a bad idea. The problem is the proxy I'm using. Work don't ban any sites in here but by jaysis they make it hard to access some. The Irish Times website is another one that doesn't work most of the time.

thumped is mostly grand now.

As long as my post count dosent start regressing I dont give a fuck.

15000 by 2012..thats my goal

Speaking of things disappear, any chance you could tone down the bloat?

From gruber: http://daringfireball.net/linked/2011/11/29/thenextweb-shit-ass-website

How long it takes to load the page is part of the reading experience. Bandwidth is not free, and not universally fast. People are using 3G for chrissakes. If every article on the web weighed 3 MB, you’d eat through a 2 GB data cap by reading only 20 articles a day. Not watching video — just reading.​

Saving this thread I'm typing on now, I get 3.6 MB as a logged in user & 3.2 MB if I'm logged out.

Can't check right now but I think most of that is (very) compressed text & nice cacheable images.

I really noticed that when I was on the dongle..big difference between the full version and the moby one kinobi

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back