Prince RIP (1 Viewer)

Paisley Park, Prince’s Lonely Palace

From the road, Paisley Park looks industrial, utilitarian, and cheerless, like a big-box store that has recently gone out of business.
not incorrect

Paisley-Park.jpg

Reading Lets Go Crazy about the making of Purple Rain album and tour and its a blast.

What a tragic waste of a true musical genius. Still hard to believe that he is gone.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

great track, RIP Prince.

it already kind of happened in real life tho

Not that I'm bragging or anything, but Prince and I have the same moon, sun and rising signs, and birthday, and he was born 30 years before me, and I'm 30 now.

I'm just saying, clearly something is going on here.

;________________________________________________________________________________;

Anyway, an actual Prince story. A taxi driver that drove me to work at like 6am the other morning, a time at which I don't operate much less talk to other humans, told me a story about his limo driving days. He said he was hired to drive Prince to the venue, wait for him and drive him back to the hotel, but Prince ended up taking him to Lillie's Bordello, where they stayed til 7am. He said he didn't understand how Prince was so sprightly because he only had 2 drinks all night, hahaha. Anyway, my cab driver said he was a nice guy and was surrounded by go-go dancers, a term I have no heard in years.

He also told me he drove Enya around Christmas shopping, and she bought him a Sony Discman as a thank you, and it was the first one he'd ever seen.

That's all I have.

Speaking of Go-Go dancer, did you ever hear the rap album Prince recorded with Carmen Electra?

it's quite the thing.

also, what a segue by me there.

;________________________________________________________________________________;

Anyway, an actual Prince story. A taxi driver that drove me to work at like 6am the other morning, a time at which I don't operate much less talk to other humans, told me a story about his limo driving days. He said he was hired to drive Prince to the venue, wait for him and drive him back to the hotel, but Prince ended up taking him to Lillie's Bordello, where they stayed til 7am. He said he didn't understand how Prince was so sprightly because he only had 2 drinks all night, hahaha. Anyway, my cab driver said he was a nice guy and was surrounded by go-go dancers, a term I have no heard in years.

He also told me he drove Enya around Christmas shopping, and she bought him a Sony Discman as a thank you, and it was the first one he'd ever seen.

That's all I have.
Is the implication here that Prince was hoofing the auld chang?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back