Prince RIP (1 Viewer)

Here, have y'all seen this?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

he's good craic in it this as well as being amaze on guitar

13599810_1160087634013385_2127383951237308836_n.jpg

Loving this tune today

It's mad that all this stuff wouldn't have been available before april.

Sad I never got to see the big band all-horns showbiz New Power Generation :(

Last edited:
That's deadly, did he release any albums with that band?
Not as such, it was looking likely at one point and they've confirmed there's a pile of unreleased tracks they did with him but I'd say a lot of it was reworked into parts of the HitnRun albums where their contributions are more downplayed. They're the kind of band who would probably be better off with a release of one of the live shows they did with him anyway.

Been listening to Sign 'O' The Times a lot on headphones this week. Previously I would have said it had too much filler between the hits, It's Gonna Be A Beautiful Night, Housequake. But that is nonsense, they are totally rad. I feel like Prince has invited me to a sweet american street party listening to them now.

I got a little emotional walking home from work earlier when I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man Came On, an overwhelming sense of how good a song it was came over me.

Been listening to Sign 'O' The Times a lot on headphones this week. Previously I would have said it had too much filler between the hits, It's Gonna Be A Beautiful Night, Housequake. But that is nonsense, they are totally rad. I feel like Prince has invited me to a sweet american street party listening to them now.

Most big fans consider Housequake a, if not the, highlight on that album. Many consider IGBABN filler but it's defo one of my absolute favs; such a groove, so much playing going on and still catchy as hell. Also Sheila E breaks into rapping a Edward Lear poem halfway through. There isn't a second of filler on that album imho

anyway

Prince’s Music Coming to Apple Music, Purple Ads Hint at Return to Spotify | Pitchfork

get a move on.

It's kind of incredible that he owns the colour purple in the music world.

Last edited:
Only a few days to Purple Rain Deluxe

There's all sorts of problems with it but I don't care because there's also all sorts of great stuff on it. Here's a nice instrumental

This is SO good.

A lot of more experimental versions of stuff, eg. there's a song on it called Possessed that in an earlier incarnation sounded like a hit along the lines of a more jammed out Uptown Funk; the version on here is a later re-recording where he's really let go of the structure and band sound and just gone a bit mad in the studio with synths. Its GREAT!

Purple Rain 4Ever

Last edited:

This is SO good.

A lot of more experimental versions of stuff, eg. there's a song on it called Possessed that in an earlier incarnation sounded like a hit along the lines of a more jammed out Uptown Funk; the version on here is a later re-recording where he's really let go of the structure and band sound and just gone a bit mad in the studio with synths. Its GREAT!

Purple Rain 4Ever
I'm listening to this now, this extra stuff is great so far alright. I looked at the song titles like Love & Sex, Electric Intercourse, Wonderful Ass and We Can Fuck and thought i was in for some awful out-take jam filler but I've never been more wrong in my life.

I'm listening to this now, this extra stuff is great so far alright. I looked at the song titles like Love & Sex, Electric Intercourse, Wonderful Ass and We Can Fuck and thought i was in for some awful out-take jam filler but I've never been more wrong in my life.
It's barely even scratching the surface as well, there's entire songs they recorded and filmed for the movie that didn't make this set (or any of the satellite Purple Rain albums released that year). Those in the know have fairly indicated that in all likelihood these songs come from a few tapes that Warner Brothers have had since the 80's; the physical Vault in Paisley Park and all its contents are still tied up with estate drama that will probably drag on and on for ages more.

It's a botched release in a lot of ways but it's better than the nothing Prince would have given us. Although in that scenario Prince would at least be alive so eh...

The, eh, meathead metal version

shoulda never replaced Chuck Mosley as the lead in Purple Rain

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back