• Watchers 5
Fingal Co Co presents
on behalf of POD & ICO Concerts

Arguably one of the Greatest Artists of our Time

PRINCE

comes to Malahide Castle, Dublin
Saturday 30th July

Tickets on sale this Friday 27th May

Prince, one of the most prolific and groundbreaking artists of our time whose recorded music, live performances and powerful artistry have affected music and pop culture like no other, has declared a string of shows across Europe this Summer and on Saturday 30th July Malahide Castle in Dublin will be going purple.

“He had the crowd panting as soon as he hit the stage…His voice, guitar, and dance moves kept astonishing …it was unbelievably great.” (Izod Centre, New Jersey 17th Dec 2010, opening night of his US Tour) Rolling Stone Magazine

‘Incredible’….’mesmerising’…’wildly entertaining’….’electrifying’….these are the words uttered breathlessly by anyone, fan or pundit, who has been lucky enough to see a Prince concert in recent years. His record breaking ‘21 Nights’ series of shows in London’s O2 in 2007 saw him re-emerge as the musical phenomenon he truly is. Last December his first major US tour since 2004 kicked off - rarely do so many superlatives get used to describe one so small. He has been wooing audiences from state to state performing his extensive back catalogue of greatest hits with dazzling energy and showmanship with a setlist that includes all his classics; Kiss, Purple Rain, U Got that Look, Rasberry Beret, 1999, Cream, Alphabet St., When Doves Cry, Diamonds and Pearls, Little Red Corvette, Let’s Go Crazy, Paisley Park, If I was Your Girlfriend, Adore, Take Me With U, Housequake, Nothing Compares to U, Scandalous and so many more.

Prince is now coming to Europe with just-announced tour dates including Paris on 30th June, Kent, UK on 3rd July, North Sea Jazz Festival, Holland 8th July and Dublin 30th July

One of the greatest names in pop music, Prince has dominated the charts for a staggering three decades! And as he frequently reminds us..‘this is real music by real musicians’. And it’s pretty jaw-dropping to behold: a group of musicians playing together at the height of their powers behind this otherworldly musical mastermind. Simmering grooves that leave no choice but to evacuate one’s seat, searing guitar solos with a tone that seems constrained by the physical dimensions of the arena. In your mind you see Prince’s influences before you: James Brown, Jimi Hendrix, George Clinton, Miles Davis. He conjures them all while he manipulates the audience’s emotional state at will.

Prince gave strong advice at a press conference when announcing his plans for his US tour; "Bring your friends, bring your children, and bring foot spray, because it's going to be funky." His European fans should too pay heed. Conducting his famously tight band with a flick of the hand or a stomp of the foot, jumping from piano to guitar with equal virtuosity, and busting moves like its…well 1999….no matter what genre he is bending; rock, pop, funk, R&B, jazz, hip-hop..he is the ultimate Master of Ceremonies. At a series of star studded shows at Madison Square Garden celebrities turned up in their droves to watch the rock royalty including Madonna, Eddie Murphy, Chris Rock, J-Lo & Reese Witherspoon.

Tickets for Prince’s unmissable Dublin show go on sale Friday 27th of May at 9am. Seated and standing tickets will be available from EU89.50 (incl booking fee) at www.ticketmaster.ie. Phone/internet bookings subject to extra charges. Subject to Licence. Gates 4pm. Special DART & Bus Services on the day.

PRINCE – MALAHIDE CASTLE – SAT 30TH JULY

In association with the Irish Times and Today FM

“As Prince performed on a stage shaped like his trademarked glyph, he was in constant motion: starting a song on the piano and then climbing on top of it, or strutting all around
the stage, again and again. He punctuated his guitar solos with twirls and gestures.
Among rock guitar heroes, Prince is not only one of the masters; he is also by far the best dancer.” (Madison Square Garden 29 Dec 2010) New York Times

“Prince, as a performer, is frighteningly flawless. His dance moves are still incredible, and always exciting to watch. Even at 52 years old, his voice is always pitch-perfect, and sounds exactly the way it did 30 years ago. . his musicianship is simply unparalleled. Prince’s lead guitar playing is beyond superb...with enough creativity and skill to put him up there with the greats... Here is an artist who appears to have (almost) limitless musical talent” (The Forum, LA 16th May 2011) Hollywood Reporter

“Although this has been a hit-based show, what has elevated this among the best concerts ever isn't the set list, but the extraordinary musicianship”. (O2 Arena ’21 Nights’ 21st Sept 2007) The Telegraph

I saw Neil Young there and the sound was God awful, it was a massive pain in the hole to get out of the place as everyone there was forced to go out one tiny exit and it was the same day as the Leinster Senior Football final so the amount of drunk old lads falling about the place was amazingly high.

On the plus side Malahide castle is one of the easier gigs to get to as the DART station in Malahide is about two minutes across the road from one of the castles enterances.

I saw Neil Young there and the sound was God awful, it was a massive pain in the hole to get out of the place as everyone there was forced to go out one tiny exit and it was the same day as the Leinster Senior Football final so the amount of drunk old lads falling about the place was amazingly high.

On the plus side Malahide castle is one of the easier gigs to get to as the DART station in Malahide is about two minutes across the road from one of the castles enterances.

sounds amazing, can't wait

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Where does his guitar go at the end of this clip ????

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

For yet another greatest hits show it sure was a fucking amazing greatest hits show

Tho' Personaly I think I'd have slightly rather been at the Rathlin bash - it was a great gig and he did nearly 3 hours - very, very well organised too - I think there were probably less people then anticipated but have to say great night - my personal highlight was 'sometimes it snows in April' which, I know, is rather sad!!

Kp

There's my arm

283249_10150253084170197_16474070196_7450971_5317257_n.jpg

The arena type shows cater for the mass audience and are usually greatest hits shows that deviate into more "obscure" stuff if the mood hits.

The mood didn't hit in Malahide unless you consider playing 2 songs by The Time a deviation into the obscure.

The aftershows are where he just plays whatever the fuck he wants. There was no aftershow in Dublin.

I've been to a few Prince aftershows and no two were the same and polar opposite experience to the big stadium shows.

wow, you had a really good spot at this gig john. Did you take any more photos from up on the stage?

Prince took that photo. He now has a photo of me/ my arm. Between that and Tina Weymouth giving me a wave the other week, life goal = achieved.

p.s. I don't wanna hear it Das Nugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back