prince-ish (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pad
  • Start date
  • Replies 133
  • Views 12K
  • Watchers 5
Almost there!

The Gold Experience - Not too bad, nothing awful, songs are a bit buried under the big production job. I think there was a bass problem in the 90s - too much of it. possibly a reaction against the 80s. He's mad into these inbetween song voices. Favorites are Dolphin and I Hate You
Chaos & Disorder - A step up from the last one, better tunes, still a bit more-of-the-sameish. A few excellent tunes. Still a bit too much steroids in the whole thing.
Emancipation - I liked this one more than I expected, even though its a bit much obviously. I like discs 2 and 3 best. Hard to notice highlights when it all sounds much the same and goes on for so long.
The Truth - Nice idea, not particularly great songs though, mainly of curiosity value. I'll probably go back to it all the same.
Kamasutra - Another curiosity. More interesting than the jazz/funk horrors to come, a bit of thought seems to have been put into the arrangements and composition.At its best it reminded me a bit of Sketches of Spain by Miles Davis, except SoS is way better.
Rave Un2 The Joy Fantastic - Mediocre set of tunes, sounds like an attempt to be classic prince rather than just being classic prince.
The Rainbow Children - Not really into this one, not convinced by this kinda style, sounds a bit plastic. The voice and concept provide some amusement.
One Nite Alone - I love this one, one of my favorites.
One Nite Alone... Live! - Terrible band. Not really into medleys so that string of butchered hits on disc 2 was maybe wasted on me. TThe aftershow disc is muck.
C-Note - Rubbish.
N.E.W.S. - Complete gick
Xpectation - Pure shite. These last three are unbelievable.
Musicology - Deadly! I had almost given up, wasnt expecting this at all. Classic prince.
The Chocolate Invasion - Another deadly one! Great tunes, great performances, no "jazz" shite.

Is there a prince torrent tracker like yeeshkul for pink floyd? I cant find one on google.

Peter Hammill tweeted this this morning
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

except it was a different version with subtitled comments. The time has come to start checking out the live stuff.

Have you got one of these Le Petit Prince dolls, @Lili Marlene ?

prince27.jpg

enhanced-buzz-25229-1331955652-35.jpg

33_chezlppweb2-copy.jpg

Almost there!

One Nite Alone... Live! - Terrible band. Not really into medleys so that string of butchered hits on disc 2 was maybe wasted on me. TThe aftershow disc is muck.
C-Note - Rubbish.
N.E.W.S. - Complete gick
Xpectation - Pure shite. These last three are unbelievable.

poor prince : (

How would you rate those ones?
probably not miles away from you tbh:

One Nite Alone Live - technically good if anonymous band, John Blackwell on drums is always great though. The latin bits are an embarrassment. When I play it I generally just play Family Name -> Take Me With U -> Raspberry Beret. It helps that I really, really like The Rainbow Children though.
C-Note and N.E.W.S. - Enjoyable enough jazz noodling. I know very little about jazz so don't feel qualified to talk about them in any detail. Overall - "Not as good as Madhouse".
Xpectation - I actually think this is a great album, the fact that it's a collaboration (with a cheater) probably helps. As a fan it's nice to hear him stretching himself a bit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back