Price of kids toys - What the F**k?????! (1 Viewer)

CinnamonBoy

(F-word bleeped out as this is a family forum)

So the young lad is 1 next week. His mother is recommending I buy him http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0052KHR5E/?tag=thumpedcom04-21
which when the necessary cars are bought with it comes to £70. Almost 80 euro. For a garage with some noises and lights. What the absolute c**t is this about? I looked at some other stuff on other websites and can't believe the price of the shite they're selling. I'm sure it's all great for their development etc but jesus this seems like thievery and taking advantage to me. Thoughts? Suggestions? Should I just go and buy the fucking thing?
What's wrong with a bit of this instead? Look at those smiles.

Boys_with_hoops_on_Chesnut_Street.jpg

P.S. I don't earn very much money.

get him 4 years thumped membership.

seriously though, i agree with ted there. i cant remember shit about what toys i had at that age. can anyone?

(F-word bleeped out as this is a family forum)

So the young lad is 1 next week. His mother is recommending I buy him http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0052KHR5E/?tag=thumpedcom04-21
which when the necessary cars are bought with it comes to £70. Almost 80 euro. For a garage with some noises and lights. What the absolute c**t is this about? I looked at some other stuff on other websites and can't believe the price of the shite they're selling. I'm sure it's all great for their development etc but jesus this seems like thievery and taking advantage to me. Thoughts? Suggestions? Should I just go and buy the fucking thing?
What's wrong with a bit of this instead? Look at those smiles.

View attachment 7249

P.S. I don't earn very much money.

I don't think it makes much difference what you give them, tbh.

Ah you see, you need to buy the cars separately. They're €18.99 for 3 and there's 6 of the things to buy if you want the full set.

I don't mind to spend money on toys that promote learning/aid development/just keep him the fuck amused/whatever, but that seems an awful price to be spending on a toy for a 1 year old. Pretty much his favourite things right now are throwing a ball and dancing to Kool and the Gang's Jungle Boogie. Both of which are very very reasonably priced.

Ah you see, you need to buy the cars separately. They're €18.99 for 3 and there's 6 of the things to buy if you want the full set.

I don't mind to spend money on toys that promote learning/aid development/just keep him the fuck amused/whatever, but that seems an awful price to be spending on a toy for a 1 year old. Pretty much his favourite things right now are throwing a ball and dancing to Kool and the Gang's Jungle Boogie. Both of which are very very reasonably priced.

i refer to my previous post on this thread

Shop around - any awl cars will do - my kid mixes & matches shit thats not "supposed" to go together all the time, Thomas & that Chuggington fella are great mates round these parts

at 1 my two always seemed to get more fun out of any large boxes that the presents came in than any actual present.

Preferably a box they can get in to.

Buy Pete's idea, then go to Harvey Norman and get any big box left over they have, put the present in it and wrap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back