Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marie Goretti Moylan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gemma O'Doherty

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Smaug

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
I saw someone referring "to the whole darkie in the parkie" thing. I was like, the what? Are people actually saying this?

Gemma O'Doherty is being called transphobic, anti-choice, anti-vaccination, and a deluded conspiracy nut. Although I knew she was critical of the drug Gardasil, I didn't hear the rest of these allegations until she decided to throw her hat in the ring.

Gemma O'Doherty is being called transphobic, anti-choice, anti-vaccination, and a deluded conspiracy nut. Although I knew she was critical of the drug Gardasil, I didn't hear the rest of these allegations until she decided to throw her hat in the ring.

She may be those things but i'd be dubious of anything the Irish media say about her considering they colluded in a complete conspiracy of silence against her when she was fired for investigating the penalty points abuse in the Gardaí. Only the Guardian (and, in fairness, Broadsheet and The Phoenix ) would report on it. But yeah, all that said, that doesn't mean she isn't a total nutter as well.

She may be those things but i'd be dubious of anything the Irish media say about her considering they colluded in a complete conspiracy of silence against her when she was fired for investigating the penalty points abuse in the Gardaí. Only the Guardian (and, in fairness, Broadsheet and The Phoenix ) would report on it.
Yeah. I was surprised at first to see a lot of people don't know who she is. But then again, RTE Independent Media etc would never mention her

I believe the transphobic thing comes from something she wrote about the government's intention to allow trans teens to self-identify, dismissed it as nonsense or something while the country has loads of other issues.

I'm not sure where she is on abortion but she did do a sting piece a few years back on crisis pregnancy clinics and the advice they gave to clients regarding what to say to doctors if someone has had an abortion or taken the pills. Some journalist tweeted a link to that story last night and the loons came down hard on her; the establishment trying to bring her down, like her body of work wasn't relevant to her suitability for the job.

Yeah. I was surprised at first to see a lot of people don't know who she is. But then again, RTE Independent Media etc would never mention her
Irish TImes as well, the supposed paper of record.

Between this and their tendency to cheerfully ask nazis to write them articles it doesn't take much to start to feel like a total conspiracy theorist.

I'm not sure where she is on abortion but she did do a sting piece a few years back on crisis pregnancy clinics and the advice they gave to clients regarding what to say to doctors if someone has had an abortion or taken the pills. Some journalist tweeted a link to that story last night and the loons came down hard on her; the establishment trying to bring her down, like her body of work wasn't relevant to her suitability for the job.

Yeah she seems to be against it alright. it's a fairly straight forward way of weeding her out from my perspective but it doesn't change how she was treated for daring to mess with the guards.

Last edited:
GO'D said she wants to address political issues but per the constitution, as President she won't be able to. She will have to sign into law thing she may be opposed to and so on. So I'm not sure what the point is. It'd rattle some cages, and that might be worth it for that alone.

GO'D said she wants to address political issues but per the constitution, as President she won't be able to. She will have to sign into law thing she may be opposed to and so on. So I'm not sure what the point is. It'd rattle some cages, and that might be worth it for that alone.
It really should be the first question asks of an prospective candidate:

"What are the powers of the president"

Joan freeman was saying that despite voting no on the referendum, she would still sign the bill.

But I think the only power would be to refer a bill you feel is unconstitutional to supreme court to determine the constitutionality. I don't think presidents can refuse to sign bills passed by dail and senate

I think i flagged some of this in the twitter pile on thread - Its an odd one. She made some flames at the IT and then an IT person whos got serious chops in the repeal dept struck back and now woke left twitter hates her and the establishment already hated her anyways. thats a pretty awful set of stools to fall between. it wasn't long ago she was a national hero of sorts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back