• Marie Goretti Moylan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gemma O'Doherty

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Smaug

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
DqGAlwpX0AEcAeG.jpg:large

now what do you think of that then, eh? This is a free mind speaking, resisting group think and pc culture!

Think I might get this made into a tshirt. I LOVE it. MDH's arm particularly.

Turnout barely into double figures in a good few places :X3:

I wonder if people have decided it doesn't matter because it's such a ceremonial role and relatively ineffective? Or is just apathy given the quality of the candidates?

I'm voting Michael D Higgins despite my antipathy for Labour and, well.. just look at the rest of the shower.

As a Labour minister he was just as two-faced and neo-Liberal as the rest, but as a statesman and diplomat he does a good job. Can you imagine Casey in the role? And I like his dogs.

I wonder if people have decided it doesn't matter because it's such a ceremonial role and relatively ineffective? Or is just apathy given the quality of the candidates?

I'm voting Michael D Higgins despite my antipathy for Labour and, well.. just look at the rest of the shower.

As a Labour minister he was just as two-faced and neo-Liberal as the rest, but as a statesman and diplomat he does a good job. Can you imagine Casey in the role? And I like his dogs.

I think Michael D is a substantial candidate, intelligent, dignified and statesmanlike. The others are mostly varying combinations of transparent sleeveen and entitled chancer. To be honest I only remember the headlines of MDH's political career - I don't remember the New Labour / Neo-Liberal vibe. I'll look it up.

The thing I'm choosing to be worried about today is that a very low turnout always favours the cranks. It was extremely quiet where I voted this morning. Fuck it, the die is cast. Hope the dickheads don't win.

I think the low turnout is about how miserable the debate has been - and as you say, the quality of the candidates etc. Not the relative importance of the election. Personally, I think it's really important. The hostile takeover of the country by the dickheads would be complete if any of the Dragons got in. Who in authority in this country would be left who had any kind of voice of social conscience?

I think Michael D is a substantial candidate, intelligent, dignified and statesmanlike. The others are mostly varying combinations of transparent sleeveen and entitled chancer. To be honest I only remember the headlines of MDH's political career - I don't remember the New Labour / Neo-Liberal vibe. I'll look it up.

Actually, it's not really about notable incidents, I think it's just my lingering distaste for what Labour turned into, and I consider him part of that, or at least I find it hard to disassociate him from them.

I feel incredibly unbothered about it all the blasphemy referendum is a non issue or technicality and the presidential candidates are "bland" or not very interesting Im not even enthusiastic about M. D. Probably we also just want a break from the democratic process since there there was so much debate around the last vote.

The voting hall where I voted was empty this afternoon.

The exit polls will just encourage more atrocious candidates like Casey to make ugly campaigns.

Totally. However...Mary Lou McDonald was saying today that some people were putting the collapse of the Sinn Fein vote down to Sinn Fein people not wanting any of these Dragon dickheads to get in. So rather than splitting the vote further by voting for Liath Ni Riada, they went for the big bloc and voted for Michael D. Good move, I thought. Reassuring, even.

I thought Michael D's speech was also really reassuring. Really brought the whole thing back out of the gutter.

Actually, it's not really about notable incidents, I think it's just my lingering distaste for what Labour turned into, and I consider him part of that, or at least I find it hard to disassociate him from them.

I share your feelings on Labour...at every turn they disappoint. For some reason I never put him in the bracket with those mercenaries...no idea whether I'm right or wrong tho.

miggledy went on the canvas with both labour and the socdems in the west here which i thought was a pretty serious development tbh. I find labour to be completely out of touch with what they are supposed to represent, or at least my perception of it.

I see Gemma O'Doherty is scathing in her condemnation for 'the sheep' who voted for Michael D. She's using a photo of Emma MacMathuna. Dick move, if you ask me.

Totally. However...Mary Lou McDonald was saying today that some people were putting the collapse of the Sinn Fein vote down to Sinn Fein people not wanting any of these Dragon dickheads to get in. So rather than splitting the vote further by voting for Liath Ni Riada, they went for the big bloc and voted for Michael D. Good move, I thought. Reassuring, even.

rte released in pdf document the full opinion polling they did.

on party preference, of the 372 sinn fein supporters polled, the vote broke down to ni riada for 37.6%, higgins for 28.8%, casey was 24.4%, joan freeman 5.1%, sean gallagher 3% and gavin duffy 1.2% so about the same amount of sinn fein supporters in the rte poll supported casey as in the presidential poll.

fianna fail was higgins 46.5%, casey 30.7%, gallgher 11%, freeman 6.7%, duffy was 1.4%
10% of labour supporters voted casey compared to 82.9% for higgins
of the independents, 45% for higgins compared to 25% for casey and 10% of freeman.

also i find interesting, only 34% of polled by rte didn't give a second preference. apart from duffy the other 5 were separated by a margin of the margin of difference for second preferences.

i need a hobby

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back