Prequels never made (1 Viewer)

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
brainwashed.com
You know the way there’s been a load of crap movies and shows that do their best to ruin whatever magic, mystery and allure associated with a character? I’m thinking of things like Bates’ Motel, Ratchet, the Star Wars franchise, etc. I was thinking what’s left to plunder?

Kurtz: Join Private Kurtz on his adventures through the army, leading to his ultimate destination: Vietnam. Apocalypse Now? Apocalypse Then!

Genesis: Prefer the early stuff? This is the show for you. God contemplates nothing in the universe before the Big Bang.

Really Young Sheldon: It’s just a baby.

Youngling - A Star Wars Story: It’s the first day in Jedi school for this padawan and here comes a special, unannounced guest - Anakin (and he looks pissed).

I saw an 80's Aussie movie about Magwitch from Dickens' Great Expectations and what happened to him in Australia. The scene where he makes his fortune is intense (after suffering yet another harsh misfortune, by pure chance he instantly becomes very wealthy and it comes under threat straight away when for once in his life someone tries to be kind to him).
Alf from Home and Away played Magwitch - he's the soundest man in Australia.

I saw an 80's Aussie movie about Magwitch from Dickens' Great Expectations and what happened to him in Australia. The scene where he makes his fortune is intense (after suffering yet another harsh misfortune, by pure chance he instantly becomes very wealthy and it comes under threat straight away when for once in his life someone tries to be kind to him).
Alf from Home and Away played Magwitch - he's the soundest man in Australia.
having done some reasearch... Sorry - it wasn't actually Ray Meagher aka Alf Stewart, playing Magwitch.
it was an Aussie mini series from 1987 that is largely forgotten and there is little trace of it online.
Magwitch was played by John Stanton who was like Ray is a Queenslander born also in 1944.
Probably I hadn't seen H&A for a few years when I saw this as a movie on satellite TV.
This is all I can find - Magwitch is burying the woman's coffin at the end of a 2 minute clip. note his horse and cart.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

from memory:
after a lot of hard luck stories and Compeyson ruining his life. Magwitch gets a gig with a decent old gent who is probably the only decent 'master' he's ever known. then the old bloke dies and Magwitch is out of luck again and has to hit the road....
He's going through the bush and on his horse and cart when suddenly he stops - a wheel has broken.
as he's trying to check it it starts raining... he wonders what rock has done the damage and quickly he forgets about the wheel.
Magwitch starts digging in the rain and after a huge effort he has a huge rock sized gold nugget dug out of the ground and he somehow manages to get it on the back of the cart.
but almost immediately two blokes come along on horseback just as Magwitch covers up the gold and
they offer to help him with the wheel. Magwitch's adrenaline is pumping and he has to forcefully tell them several times he's OK and is seen reaching towards where his gun is hidden on the cart.
The men leave never realising their kindness almost got them killed.

Make a franchise out of the Haywire lady
Prequel it, I don't care. Give Gina and her iffy politics all the money she wants.

The two agent Johnsons from Die Hard. Technically a spinoff. Which is fitting, as they died in a helicopter
Leon

Bug Hunt; The Pvt Hudson Chronicles

Whatever Alice and her team of badasses were doing before the T-Virus broke out

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back