Poutine - A Canadian Delicacy, Not a Russian President (1 Viewer)

KokaneeCowgirl

Got our oven working again so will be making the following calorific but yummy comfort food for dinner tonight: POUTINE.

Basically, you sprinkle a plate of chips with grated cheese (I use white cheddar) and then cover with gravy (chicken or beef bisto are fine) and then enjoy.

YUM!

A delicious variation is also using chip shop curry sauce instead of gravy.

Guaranteed hangover buster.

add shredded smoked meat on top of it all for that peculiar Montreal experience.

poutine, if done right, rules. if done wrong it's shit.

Never thought of putting meat onto it. Actually I've never been to Montreal so wouldn't be any the wiser about that particular experience.

You need to get the right chip to gravy ratio. Needs enough to get the chips nice and dowsed without losing all the flavour of the cheese and the chips.

This sounds like something I need to try.

I especially like the idea of having shredded meat in there

I picked up a bag of frozen curly fries earlier..and I have some chilli and cheese in the fridge!

I know what I'm having for dinner

i do a half-arsed version with chopped up potato waffles and feta, which at least resembles the curd stuff they use

I've had the Toronto version more than a few times. It's real 'coming back from the pub on a freezing night' food - looks awful, sloppy as hell to eat and not at all healthy (I would imagine) but hits the spot. There are some trendy places here that do 'gourmet' versions of it with miscellaneous fancy ingredients thrown in but that just seems wrong..

So curry cheese chips which they do in the chipper?

Same family

images

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back