Potty Training (1 Viewer)

Goodbye

Any help/tips/advice?

I really can't read another thread on another "parenting" site for fear of my balls shriveling up & falling off.

ah Thumped, if I had a MIDI problem it would be sorted by now...

I have no real advice... Lots of positive reinforcement & an ikea footstool seemed to do the trick. There was no actual potty in our case - it was straight to the big show.

Isabelle started using a potty just after her second birthday - we had a couple potties around the place and were always at her to try and use them, she figured it out pretty quick. Kept her in nappies at night for a good while though, she didn't get reliable when asleep until the was 3

Her sister, on the other hand refused to use a potty or a toilet at all until she was 3. One day she just said "I'm a big girl now, I don't wear nappies anymore" - had a couple of accidents here and there, but that was pretty much that, nighttime and all

Any help/tips/advice?

I really can't read another thread on another "parenting" site for fear of my balls shriveling up & falling off.

Two kids, various methods used.

as far as I recall, after some failed attempts, our most successful method was we basically stayed in one weekend, kid naked from the waist down and potty near by. After a few 'spills' and then they eventually tried out the potty to much rejoicing and praise. They got the gist pretty quickly, we moved to a step/loo in a few days and all was well.
Still was a few 'didn't quite make it' for about a year or so, but didn't take too long. The day you stop dealing with nappies is a day for celebration.

My only advice would be to not use a potty for too long or at all, as then it becomes they'll only want to go in the potty, and then you have to bring the damn thing everywhere.

oh yeah, night time though, takes longer sometimes.
We kept them in night time 'pull ups' till they got through a week 'dry'.

one was out of nappies/pull ups in a few weeks, the other, night time pull ups for about a year.

I waited until HMB was almost three before even attempting it. He didn't like the potty, so we put a chemical toilet from the camper van out the back for a few weeks and then he used the jax upstairs. He's only had one or two daytime accidents in the last five months. We left a nappy on him at night for about a fortnight but he didn't want to wear it. He still has the odd accident at night, but sure it's only washing a few piddly sheets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back